Bird Box (Let the Spoilers Begin) (1 Viewer)

actually that made more sense. In an Apocalyptic scenario, you are kinda limited on who your love interests are. its not like she had a choice who she could be involved with. had it been someone her own age, it would actually be less likely with the events that took place.
This is a movie about people whose eyes turn black and kill themselves after looking at demon creatures. I don’t think it should be that hard to suspend belief and buy the suggestion that she might meet someone born at least in the same decade.

This is a movie about people whose eyes turn black and kill themselves after looking at demon creatures. I don’t think it should be that hard to suspend belief and buy the suggestion that she might meet someone born at least in the same decade.
But where?how?
She met that guy bc they ran to the same house when everything turned to ****
As far as we know there were blind people at the sanctuary, roving bands of psychos, 2 adults and 2 kids
I’m not sure Tinder was all that active as the story progressed

But it is pretty hard to suspend disbelief in finding a hidden school in the middle of a forest with no sense of direction. If they are just giving out the directions over the airwaves, how come the lurkers aren't prowling the area? It's hard to believe they made it down the river only crashing once. It's hard to believe after spending two acts of the movie proving the importance of Being John Malkovich that they trust some people they find on a scanner. Hard to believe Tom would by pass the urge to kill himself to kill the final lurker. The whole suspension of disbelief fell apart in the third act. There were more issues with suspending disbelief, but I can't bring myself to rewatch this mess to remember them all. I'm just glad they found that school, because I haven't had a good laugh like that in a while.

But where?how?
She met that guy bc they ran to the same house when everything turned to ****
As far as we know there were blind people at the sanctuary, roving bands of psychos, 2 adults and 2 kids
I’m not sure Tinder was all that active as the story progressed
I think you’re misunderstanding my point. I’m referring to the casting decision. They easily could’ve casted “Tom” with an actor 15-20 years older than the guy who actually played him (who was born in 1990). Bullock was born in 1964. I just think it’s pretty odd.

I think you’re misunderstanding my point. I’m referring to the casting decision. They easily could’ve casted “Tom” with an actor 15-20 years older than the guy who actually played him (who was born in 1990). Bullock was born in 1964. I just think it’s pretty odd.
best movie ever

1546910733695.png

But it is pretty hard to suspend disbelief in finding a hidden school in the middle of a forest with no sense of direction. If they are just giving out the directions over the airwaves, how come the lurkers aren't prowling the area? It's hard to believe they made it down the river only crashing once. It's hard to believe after spending two acts of the movie proving the importance of Being John Malkovich that they trust some people they find on a scanner. Hard to believe Tom would by pass the urge to kill himself to kill the final lurker. The whole suspension of disbelief fell apart in the third act. There were more issues with suspending disbelief, but I can't bring myself to rewatch this mess to remember them all. I'm just glad they found that school, because I haven't had a good laugh like that in a while.
The school for the blind building is next to a river and trees, I don't think there was anything to suggest it's "in the middle of a forest" - why would you assume that? Lurkers clearly do show up there, which is why they check their eyes when they're let in. The question of whether to trust people they find on a scanner is one they debate, but it's established they essentially have little choice. And that's the second time we see momentary resistance to the effects of the creatures (we see the baby handed over before that); I don't know why you think it's hard to believe strong primal urges would have to vanish instantly rather than persisting for a few seconds.

Maybe you should rewatch it, you seem to have missed a fair bit.

The school for the blind building is next to a river and trees, I don't think there was anything to suggest it's "in the middle of a forest" - why would you assume that? Lurkers clearly do show up there, which is why they check their eyes when they're let in. The question of whether to trust people they find on a scanner is one they debate, but it's established they essentially have little choice. And that's the second time we see momentary resistance to the effects of the creatures (we see the baby handed over before that); I don't know why you think it's hard to believe strong primal urges would have to vanish instantly rather than persisting for a few seconds.

Maybe you should rewatch it, you seem to have missed a fair bit.

The guy on the walkie said the "easiest" way to get her is down the river. The roads were littered with wrecked cars and crazy people so that would have a been a dangerous means of travel. The school for the blind surely had a road to it and simply was on land that backed up to the river. They just couldn't use the road to get there.

While I enjoyed it, I thought the book was better (which is almost always the case). Even though the movie was 2 hours long, I think it would have worked much better as a short series with maybe four or five hour-long episodes.
Spoiler Alert. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I was really disappointed with the book. How do you leave two newborns in a crazy blind car drive in search of microphones?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom