Bird Box (Let the Spoilers Begin) (1 Viewer)

I agree. I also enjoyed the movie with the exception of one MINOR issue...

I would have liked to see what the actual entity looked like. Did it/they actually look like the drawings? And speaking of which, was it ever truly explained how the certain few were able to survive seeing the entity? Was it just because they had mental issues? So technically, that's two issues.

I think the mentally insane are already locked in a world of fear and pain that seeing it makes no difference to their will to live. To them it's balancing the rest of the world to think like them and see what they see, so they want others to see

In Bird Box, if we are to believe this is some rapture type event, then who is this entity that has come to pass judgement, and is what follows a tribulation? Then why does he seem so limited with how he can enact his mission and affect humans. If it is purely by sight, and can attack through monitors, then why can't it enter a house? Or go under a blanket?

I think they are like ghosts. They can't touch or move you or physically harm you but they can make you see visions causing you to do it, that's why the monitor trick failed and why they can't get into the houses, take off bandannas or go under blankets. Also while typing this out I guess they also can't move through walls or things like that so yeah very very limited ghosts :hihi:

I laid down in bed wed. night and was going to fall asleep to what I believed would be a "ok" movie. two hours later I was still awake. I enjoyed it, too many unanswered questions.

How can a movie where you already know the story from the book be as enjoyable as the book which was all new to you?

The book allowed me to experience the world more from the main character's perspective. Since I couldn't see anything other than the words on the page, I was just as blind to the world as she was. Don't get me wrong, the movie was good and I did enjoy it, but had I see the movie first and then read the book, I still would say the book was better.

I would have liked to see what the actual entity looked like. Did it/they actually look like the drawings?

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't show us whatever the things look like, because in nearly every movie involving aliens/mystical creatures/whatever it's usually a let down to see that whatever cool thing you imagined seeing actually now looks like some cheap awful CGI bullshirt. I appreciate the restraint.

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't show us whatever the things look like, because in nearly every movie involving aliens/mystical creatures/whatever it's usually a let down to see that whatever cool thing you imagined seeing actually now looks like some cheap awful CGI bullshirt. I appreciate the restraint.

I agree. The drawings the insane guy did were perfect. I searched online and apparently their is a deleted scene that shows them and uhhhhhh. Yeah the drawings and imagination work much better.

"“It was a green man with a horrific baby face. It was snake-like, and I was like, ‘I don’t want to see it when it first happens. Just bring it into the room. We’ll shoot the scene.’ I turn and he’s like [growling at me.] It’s making me laugh. It was just a long fat baby.”

I watched it last night on my commute home from work. Really enjoyed it, although I did see some pretty obvious plot holes, several of which were mentioned already.

I was thinking pretty early on in the flick "what about blind people?" So at the end when they get to that building/door I knew it was going to be some kind of facility for blind people.

so, was there no road to this school for the blind? before the events take place, how did people get to this school? seems weird by boat was the only route.

so, was there no road to this school for the blind? before the events take place, how did people get to this school? seems weird by boat was the only route.
I think the roads might have not only been littered with dead bodies but also those looking to make more dead bodies. Just my opinion though.

I was thinking about watching this, but hadn't up until now. I will probably check it out thanks to your description OP. I'm into the post-apocalyptic thing too.

I think I have decided to read this book. My favorite genre is post apocalyptic with two of my all time favorite books "The Stand" and "Swan Song" At under three hundred pages, this one doesn't really fit with those two monsters but I think I will like it anyway.

I would have liked to see what the actual entity looked like. Did it/they actually look like the drawings?

So after reading this, I take it back...

So according to an interview...

It was a green man with a horrific baby face. It was snake-like, and I was like, 'I don't want to see it when it first happens. Just bring it into the room. We'll shoot the scene.' I turn, and he's like this [growling at me.] It's making me laugh. It was just a long fat baby.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...ntionally-hilarious-scene-showing-the-monster

So after reading this, I take it back...
green-man.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom