Bison gores woman in Yellowstone National Park (1 Viewer)

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I believe this is the 2nd time this year that somebody was gored in Yellowstone because they got too close to a bison.

The level of stupidity displayed by some people is simply astounding.

I believe this is the 2nd time this year that somebody was gored in Yellowstone because they got too close to a bison.

It's sad that you have to remind people to stay away from wild animals. It's not a nature special on BBC, lady.

… I feel like this is appropriate for the whole “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” thing.

Its not a petting zoo, its the wild. We talk about animals getting too comfortable around people and the danger it represents all the time... but really people are getting way too comfortable and lax with the idea of being close to a one ton wild animal.

Your not a disney princess no matter how much you want to be, keep your distance.

Most things in the animal kingdom are some combination of stronger, tougher, quicker, faster than us... often all of the above. It is really hard to think of a large mammal slower than us actually.

Cant help but think of the Brontaroc mid credit scene in "Dont Look Up".

Sadly this happens every year.

We were there about 10 years ago and people were being insane trying to get photos of a buffalo that was right off a hiking path to one of the pools. I mean getting off-path, going about 8-10 feet from this giant animal.

When there are bear sightings they have to send park rangers around to keep people from getting close to it. I imagine it is much worse now that we are in the selfie age....since people aren't even looking directly at the animal anymore.

We saw 4 bears in one day out there. Amazing place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom