Bitcoin and Crypto Talk (Merged)(includes NFT) (3 Viewers)

Ultimately, there are going to be winners and losers in these transactions. I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't invest in crypto, but in the end, it's a pyramid scheme in a sense. For an asset class that essentially has no real intrinsic value, it's ultimately pure speculation. I guess it's not any worse than buying a penny stock, but even penny stocks have underlying assets, but bitcoin? :shrug:

Not everyone will get to retire early, and some will be greedy and wait too long. I guess it's an open question as to how long is long enough. Good luck fellas.
I've not invested any more than I'm prepared to lose. I fully understand it could be gone tomorrow.

I'd never done the math. So without some major coin burn it's nothing but a dream.
Depends on how you define major coin. For example, had Chuck dropped $100k on Shiba when he did, he'd be at $700k+ right now. Drop $1k, you'd have $7k. Just a lot different when you go from 4 to 5 to 6 figures.

Depends on how you define major coin. For example, had Chuck dropped $100k on Shiba when he did, he'd be at $700k+ right now. Drop $1k, you'd have $7k. Just a lot different when you go from 4 to 5 to 6 figures.
By major burn I mean destroying the coins. This reduction in total # of coins increases each in value by lowering that top # achievable. There's a bit of discussion floating about with folks like Buterin destroying billions.

By major burn I mean destroying the coins. This reduction in total # of coins increases each in value by lowering that top # achievable. There's a bit of discussion floating about with folks like Buterin destroying billions.
I can see that. We'll see how that goes.

Haha, indeed. I think they look at Bitcoin and think, why not Shiba? But yeah, ludicrous.

Shiba at $1 would be almost 400x the market cap of Bitcoin (which is growing more and more institutionally owned).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom