Bitcoin and Crypto Talk (Merged) (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting take.

And just so its clear for those who don't read it, he's talking about taxing crypto mining (as ongoing income). He's not talking about tax on receipt of crypto as payment or taxing capital gains on crypto trades.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And just so its clear for those who don't read it, he's talking about taxing crypto mining (as ongoing income). He's not talking about tax on receipt of crypto as payment or taxing capital gains on crypto trades.

Well, that's a tricky one. It's certainly not earned income in a conventional sense, but it's probably unearned income, which is still taxable. I wonder what the reporting thresholds are and whether you just combine it with the rest of your ordinary income. The thing is, if it's a currency, then it's not taxable when you sell it. If it's an asset, then tax it when it's sold. It shouldn't be taxed on both ends though. That would be double taxation of the same asset.

I'm not a tax accountant or tax attorney though, so...:shrug:

Reaction score
Since ive made a personal decision not to check Coinbase until
the year 2026, can someone update me on the current prices of BTC and ETH ?
Google finance has added a Crypto button next to the US, Europe, Asia, and Currencies up top.

I'm not sure if it updates 24/7 or just during market hours, but it only shows BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH if you are interested.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Google finance has added a Crypto button next to the US, Europe, Asia, and Currencies up top.

I'm not sure if it updates 24/7 or just during market hours, but it only shows BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH if you are interested.

No, I would rather not check any of those sites for the next five years or so… and just pester the fine members of SR for Info every now and then. 😬

Reaction score
So what’s the conclusion as of today? Invest or not? I see you can now buy crypto though Venmo and Paypal. The fact that they are making it easier to invest in it has me more skiddish. Am i wrong for thinking that?

Reaction score
The fact that they are making it easier to invest in it has me more skiddish. Am i wrong for thinking that?
There's sufficient institutional investment at this point to make me believe it's legit. Still, I wouldn't invest more than you are prepared to lose because govt regulations could make or break things pretty fast. The flip side is that if you get in the right property early enough, then it won't be much cash at risk.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
DOGE, now available on Coinbase, I’m sure a temporary up swing with price will soon follow.

Reaction score
DOGE, now available on Coinbase, I’m sure a temporary up swing with price will soon follow.
Looked earlier and couldn't find it. Might throw a couple cases of beer and pizza money at it just on a flyer.

ETA: I see it now but seems you wanted to be in it back before April. Might be played out for a while. Anyone know when Elon is going to pump it again?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom