Bitcoin and Crypto Talk (Merged)(includes NFT) (4 Viewers)

It’s about 45,000 USD now.

To think that if you spent 100 dollars on Bitcoin in 2010 it would be worth 56 million today.

Elon Musk invested 1.5 billion in Bitcoin. My rough math says that was the equivalent of spending 3,000 USD on Bitcoin in early 2010.

I was listening to Jim Rogers on a podcast and he was saying he isn't on board with Bitcoin for multiple reasons. The main reason being the government can make it illegal at anytime and then the value would crash. Amusingly he said he was investing in Chinese wine.

I was listening to Jim Rogers on a podcast and he was saying he isn't on board with Bitcoin for multiple reasons. The main reason being the government can make it illegal at anytime and then the value would crash. Amusingly he said he was investing in Chinese wine.

I can only guess that is because it's a more liquid asset. Ba-dump.....tsshhhh. I'll see myself to the door...

I think there's a greater chance of Chinese wine becoming illegal than bitcoin.

I think there's a greater chance of Chinese wine becoming illegal than bitcoin.

If Bitcoin was ever to even remotely appear to be a threat to the dollar hegemony, the state would make it illegal and cite something stupid like terrorism or organized crime. They already hint at such things with Bitcoin.

Also China is currently 5th in wine production and growing.

If Bitcoin was ever to even remotely appear to be a threat to the dollar hegemony, the state would make it illegal and cite something stupid like terrorism or organized crime. They already hint at such things with Bitcoin.

I stand by my comment.

If the US ever made it illegal, they would have to bail out the industry. People are getting paid salaries in Bitcoin now. I don't think it's going anywhere.

I bet he buys the heck out of it on the dip ;).

If the US ever made it illegal, they would have to bail out the industry. People are getting paid salaries in Bitcoin now. I don't think it's going anywhere.

Bail out what industry? Contracts also used to be payable in gold, and FDR made that illegal.

Last edited:
I have decided to only check on my BTC once every five years, so as to not be tempted to do anything with it, and keep it long term.. That said, curiosity has the better of me- what is the price of a Bitcoin this morning?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom