Bitcoin and Crypto Talk (Merged)(includes NFT) (2 Viewers)

BTC is nice, but ETH is outperforming this year. Having a really good run here lately for sure.

BTC is nice, but ETH is outperforming this year. Having a really good run here lately for sure.
Yeah I only got into ETH recently, but my position is already up 100%. Pretty crazy.

I've been mining Eth since I got my 3090. My goal is to mine enough to recover the money I spent on the entire computer, but Eth will have to double by the end of the year to make that a reality.

Kids talked me into some Dogecoin after it peaked, but it looks like it's going up again and I'm in the black. I assume that one will pop at some point though. If it wasn't so complicated to buy, I might have bought a few years ago and I'd be a thousandaire today! (Now if I can just figure out how to sell it for when the time comes)
Watch for Elon Musks SNL appearance coming soon. That will effect Doge. I threw 100 bucks at it when it dropped back to 17ish cents and wish I had thrown more at it lol. Not trying to retire, just having some fun with it. God knows I've thrown $100 away on dumber sheet.

Does anyone else think crypto-currencies impact on the environment and extremely large use of natural recourses are problematic?

I bought in mid 2017 and up ~1.25K% atm.

I have some from about that time. Then in February, Coinbase sent an email that as part of the move to ETH2, you can get 7% APR to hold ETH. I sold my Bitcoin and moved it over to ETH.

Been a nice deal so far.

Does anyone else think crypto-currencies impact on the environment and extremely large use of natural recourses are problematic?

I don’t know enough about to say it’s definitely a problem - but it certainly looks like a problem.

Algorand is carbon neutral according to their literature. Anyway, it's not cryptos fault we've taken decades to figure out our energy supply is ruinous to the environment.

I have some from about that time. Then in February, Coinbase sent an email that as part of the move to ETH2, you can get 7% APR to hold ETH. I sold my Bitcoin and moved it over to ETH.

Been a nice deal so far.
I am still on the wait list and they are down to 6%. Kicking myself for taking too long there.

I am still on the wait list and they are down to 6%. Kicking myself for taking too long there.

Yeah I’m waitlist too. But it did prompt me to get more, so I’m down with it.

Yeah I’m waitlist too. But it did prompt me to get more, so I’m down with it.
I was just a bit leary of putting it all somewhere I couldn't cash out. When I figured out coinbase is working on a way for you to cash out staked coins, it was a no brainer.

I just opened a coinbase account. I have to do a lot more research on the entirety of this. Some of these yearly gains are just so massive.

Algorand is carbon neutral according to their literature. Anyway, it's not cryptos fault we've taken decades to figure out our energy supply is ruinous to the environment.

There are many other ways to invest one's money that isn't as harmful to the environment as crypto. You could invest in renewable energies, alternative foods to beef, as well as many others.

This is a direct answer from Google on Bitcoin alone: Bitcoin's annual energy consumption is comparable to some entire countries, such as Argentina and Ukraine. Bitcoin produces 36.95 megatons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually (comparable to New Zealand) and it is estimated that in 30 years Bitcoin could alone increase global temperatures 2 degrees Celsius.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom