Black and Gold Scrimmage (1 Viewer)

JeffDaSaintsGuy

Official SR Twitter Team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just got word from the Saints that the Black and Gold Scrimmage will be held Saturday, August 8th at 2:30pm. They said that it will be held at the facility. That means you will have to get there EARLY!

Here is some info for folks hoping to attend from out of town:

Saints Facility: 5800 Airline Drive Metairie, La. 70003

Parking: Ample parking is available next door to the facility at Zephyr Stadium. During training camp, expect to shell out up to $10 for parking.
Hotels: If you are coming to town for Training Camp, and don't want to stay downtown, I recommend one of the following hotels:

1. Radisson Airport- 901 Airline Dr. Kenner, La. 70062. This hotel is a 5-10 minute straight shot the the training facility. Cab fare to facility less than $10. Public transportation is also available to facility from this hotel. Rates during camp will average around $99/night. This hotel is located directly across the street from the Louis Armstrong International Airport. (MSY)

2. Four Points by Sheraton- 6401 Veterans Memorial Blvd. Metairie, La. 70003. This hotel is located about 4 miles from the faciltiy. Cab fare wold run $10-$15. Located about 3 miles from the Louis Armstrong Airport, this hotel is situated on the I-10 corridor making it easy to head downtown. During training camp the price will average $89/night.

3. Travel Inn Plaza- 5733 Airline Dr. Metairie, La 70003. This hotel is on this list STRICTLY because of it's location. This property is located across the street from the Saints facility. It does not have much in the line of ammenities, and is rated a 2 star property, but staying here will put you just steps away from camp. Average rates during training camp are around $49/night

I will post more travel information when it gets closer.

How in the world are they going to get all those people in there?

Just got word from the Saints that the Black and Gold Scrimmage will be held Saturday, August 8th at 2:30pm. They said that it will be held at the facility. That means you will have to get there EARLY!

Here is some info for folks hoping to attend from out of town:

Saints Facility: 5800 Airline Drive Metairie, La. 70003

Parking: Ample parking is available next door to the facility at Zephyr Stadium. During training camp, expect to shell out up to $10 for parking.
Hotels: If you are coming to town for Training Camp, and don't want to stay downtown, I recommend one of the following hotels:

1. Radisson Airport- 901 Airline Dr. Kenner, La. 70062. This hotel is a 5-10 minute straight shot the the training facility. Cab fare to facility less than $10. Public transportation is also available to facility from this hotel. Rates during camp will average around $99/night. This hotel is located directly across the street from the Louis Armstrong International Airport. (MSY)

2. Four Points by Sheraton- 6401 Veterans Memorial Blvd. Metairie, La. 70003. This hotel is located about 4 miles from the faciltiy. Cab fare wold run $10-$15. Located about 3 miles from the Louis Armstrong Airport, this hotel is situated on the I-10 corridor making it easy to head downtown. During training camp the price will average $89/night.

3. Travel Inn Plaza- 5733 Airline Dr. Metairie, La 70003. This hotel is on this list STRICTLY because of it's location. This property is located across the street from the Saints facility. It does not have much in the line of ammenities, and is rated a 2 star property, but staying here will put you just steps away from camp. Average rates during training camp are around $49/night

I will post more travel information when it gets closer.

Thanks for the heads-up, bro. :cool:

There's an outside shot I'll be down south around that time, so I'll keep watching.

I'm sure Dan in Lafayette will amplify if there's any additional info on this.

:gosaints:

They could atleast go to Tad Gormley or that larger stadium in the city.

I thought the B&G game was always held at some kind of stadium...the facility can't accomodate that many people...this is kind of weird. I'd love to be there but it's going to be a sick crush of people...

I thought the B&G game was always held at some kind of stadium...the facility can't accomodate that many people...this is kind of weird. I'd love to be there but it's going to be a sick crush of people...

Exactly...

maybe they can hook up a keg to a few of those mist fans they use and spray the crowd at the scrimmage

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom