Black Friday 2022 (2 Viewers)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So now that everyone has recovered from eating too much yesterday, has anyone been brave / crazy enough to venture out into the Black Friday madness this year? I have no intention of doing so, as there's nothing that I need so much that I can't get later without the rush of people. I'll be doing a mix of online and brick and mortar shopping this year. What, if any, deals are you going after?

I rarely see any real deals anymore....not like in the early days of Black Friday. I have zero interest in going out in the madness.
Wife went out this am.

Came home and said that not a single place she went had any true sales outside normal stuff from last week.

Left at 7am home 10 am. That's never happened in a decade. (3 hr trip)

Wife went out this am.

Came home and said that not a single place she went had any true sales outside normal stuff from last week.

Left at 7am home 10 am. That's never happened in a decade. (3 hr trip)
When Black Friday used to be a real thing we got some good deals on a few things but I've noticed the last several years I haven't seen much that would make me venture out. Granted....we don't really need anything that would make me search very hard but I glance over the deals every year. In the past we've bought TV's, washer/dryer, entire kitchen appliances, etc etc. I still see maybe a TV deal here and there but that's about it.

When Black Friday used to be a real thing we got some good deals on a few things but I've noticed the last several years I haven't seen much that would make me venture out. Granted....we don't really need anything that would make me search very hard but I glance over the deals every year. In the past we've bought TV's, washer/dryer, entire kitchen appliances, etc etc. I still see maybe a TV deal here and there but that's about it.

Yep no need for electronics or counter cluttering kitchen gadgets.

She mainly went for nephew and our girls, but really didn't find much for them on sale.

I'm waiting on cyber saturday....that's still a thing, right?.....
Cyber Monday…unless something went over my head

Retailers started stretching the sales out over more than just the one day, Friday seems more symbolic than anything now. Plus online shopping exists.

I went to Rocky Mountain National Park yesterday. Much more fun than shopping. However, I’m predicting BF was a bust this year. I expected to see the park fairly empty but boy I was wrong. It was pretty damn busy. There was a mile long line just to get to parking at Bear Lake.

Anyways, I did buy some underwear when I got home. I was looking for some online deals on camera gear but there wasn’t anything that interested me.

So places been doing sales all month long. I've been scoring some things to keep me stocked up for the year on toiletries and skin care and some makeup I've had my eye on. I was watching to see if there was anything crazy to make me HAVE to go out on actual Black Friday but I had already gotten the best deals. Still gonna check out Cyber Monday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom