Black Mirror (1 Viewer)

Was just coming to post about this show. Finished the last episode of the season tonight. Not my favorite season but still really strong. Not sure about the hate I read on USS Callister, I thought it was brilliant and loved the actors they chose. The entire season wasn't as unpredictable as I'm used to with seasons 1-3 until the final episode. The Black Museum is an orgy of curve balls, and I had my strongest laugh of the series with this episode.

Was just coming to post about this show. Finished the last episode of the season tonight. Not my favorite season but still really strong. Not sure about the hate I read on USS Callister, I thought it was brilliant and loved the actors they chose. The entire season wasn't as unpredictable as I'm used to with seasons 1-3 until the final episode. The Black Museum is an orgy of curve balls, and I had my strongest laugh of the series with this episode.

I've actually seen mostly positive stuff about USS Calister, which I enjoyed. I also really liked "Hang the DJ", and the "dog" in Metal Head really freaked me out for some reason.

I'm Black museum, I liked how they referenced a couple passed episodes, like San Junipero and White Christmas.
I feel like they also borrowed from White Christmas putting the wife's consciousness in the bear, it reminded me of the when they made a copy of someone's consciousness and put it inside the egg shaped Echo type device.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I thought it was a really good season (season 3 is tops for me). My favorite from this season was USS Callister. My question is why was Crocodile named Crocodile?

What's awesome about Black Museum is there is other stuff in the museum you'll notice from this season on display as well as past seasons.

i need to watch the new season. i love this show, one of my favourites.

“metalhead” wasn’t one of the better episodes, but i really want one of those dogs.

hang the dj was pretty amazing

it's fun to see all of the great "up and coming" actors Black Mirror finds
the lead female in 'hang the dj' is in the most recent season of Broadchurch
MV5BNDgyMDc2NDgtN2JkMy00NjM0LWIzMjQtZGFiZjc1ZDU4ZWU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjg5MDk0NTA@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

didn't even recognize her co-star from Peaky Blinders
images

Michaela Cole (USS Callister & Nosedive) has an amazing show called Chewing Gum - that is must watch
images

the female in Black Museum had a great part in the absurdly unappreciated "Humans"
and is in Black Panther
humans-season-2-renie-wright-800x600.jpg

WOW!

This show is great. I know I'm late to the party, but that's usually the case. I've been watching a ton of Netflix lately. Between the "snow days" and freezing weekends, I've been stuck in doors even more than usual. I binged Peaky Blinders which I thought was fantastic minus a few small things. I started this show about a week ago and I've managed to watch most of season 1 (minus the first episode), season 2, the first half of season 3 and 2 episodes of season 4. I was given the advice to skip season 1 episode 1 but come back to it eventually. I have no idea what's about but I respect this critic's advice. She knows me pretty well being my wife an'all.

It's great, I like that each episode is different. I'm kind of at odds with some of the opinions out there though. They are great for discussion either way. I thought White Christmas was amazing. I would watch a USS Callister spin off because that cast is unbelievable. I don't even like Star Trek, but I'd watch that group. I was also thoroughly engrossed in 15 million merits. Those may be my top 3 favorites. At no time did I come out of the story, I didn't have a chance to do so. Locked In.

At the other end of the spectrum was Nosedive. I found it to be obvious and trite. And while San Junipero tops many people's list, I found it to be just "meh". I mean it was nice to follow along and it wasn't the same break neck speed that the other episodes take on or as heavy. It was almost like an episode reprieve. Nice but not as good as I was expecting.

Then there's the controversial. My wife and I had a nice little argument about "The History of You". I found her reaction to the climatic scene to be...well...not strong enough? It was one of those times where she let her inner attorney speak and the outcome wasn't good, LOL. Spoiler Alert: She said, "legally, the baby is still his." And I'm like, "are you kidding me right now???" Yeah...lawyers can't help themselves. We were at odds about "White Bear"...smh...lawyers.

Again, it's a great series. British shows are really beginning to grow on me. I know I need to watch Luther, but what else have our friends across the pond made that I should be watching?

I started watching this morning..... somehow i started on season 4 and watched the USS Calister and Arkangel.... i thought they were brilliant.

Then i realized i was on season 4 so i went to season 1. National anthem was good but 15 million merits was BRUTAL.... i gave up on the series until opening this thread. I will give it another shot.

There's something about her that I find really, really attractive despite how much her character in Chewing Gum tries to change that.

One thing is that she is without artifice - there is such a physical “honesty “ about her that’s super compelling
Plus either you like big features or you don’t - and she’s got big features

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom