Black Monday (1 Viewer)

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Who thinks there is an announcement from the Saints on Monday of a move at the coaching position?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I won't be surprised if it is McMahon, but any other moves would.

Only if Payton is ready to go and there is a deal to facilitate it. Otherwise Payton gets 2017 and I wouldn't be shocked if it's beyond that given the state of the org.

But if they don't make a big leap on defense and contend next year with a solid record then it's likely time to move on.

The Rams have little to offer in compensation because of the trade last year with the Titans. Tennessee has the Rams' 1 and 3 in the 2017 draft.

Going to be an interesting week in the NFL, that's for sure.

My top choice would be to keep Payton and his staff except for McMahon.

If Payton leaves, I want at least a 1st rounder in exchange or a proven valuable player (Robert Quinn).

Then I want Josh McDaniels as our new HC. Nobody else! If it's not JMcD then I don't want anyone.

Payton wont go to the ****** Rams

Yeah, I could see the allure of living in LA, but I can't imagine him wanting to go to a team with basically no draft picks this year.

Remember, if he leaves, he's not going to have the goodwill of a Super Bowl win to fall back on with a new fanbase. If they don't see quick results with him, he won't be around long. Benson has been more patient with him than a lot of other owners would've been, and right now I'd have to question how good he'd be without Drew.

I think he stays. For next year, at least.

Yeah this franchise will never drop him. He will only exit if it is his choice. It's the nature of the relationship between he, Loomis and Benson. I'm not saying it is right or wrong but just seems to be the way it is.

Keep Payton obviously, but Vitt, Johnson and McMahon have to be gone; immediately and without any further discussion. If not, maybe Payton should be gone as well then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom