Blackout won't hurt N.O.'s chances of getting another Super Bowl [according to Goodell] [MERGED x2] (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Goodell: Blackout won't hurt NOLA's chances for a future SuperBowl

Well, coming from the mouth of the czar himself...

Super Bowl 2013 -- Blackout won't hurt New Orleans' future bids, Roger Goodell says - ESPN

Roger Goodell said:
"Going forward, I don't think this will have any impact at all on what I think will be remembered for one of the greatest Super Bowl weeks."

I can't see how one technical snafu that has also happened in such high-profile venues as Candlestick park and the site of next year's Ice Bowl could detract from an otherwise stellar performance by the city of New Orleans.

That would be pretty stupid if NO was too loss hosting the SB because of an outage?? It could have happened any where and I did get a good chuckle out of it. Laugh every time I see that picture of SP holding that screwdriver in front of that breaker box!! :smilielol:

Halftime show was produced by NFL. It's their fault.

Whatever, I don't trust one word coming out of that lying turning red disgusting face.

You're going to take THIS GUY at his word? Good luck with that.

th

"Yes, it will be possible for the Saints to recoup their 2013 2nd round pick."

th

"No, the penalty will continue to include the 2nd round draft choice in 2013."

th

Im sure we wont have one for quite some time

Im sure we wont have one for quite some time

You were expecting us to host another next yr? Lmao! Come on! It's only a matter of time before we host another and you have to put in bids. Not like they resort back to same city within 5 yrs. it takes at least a decade.

The NFL will never admit it, but they LOVED the blackout.

The game was a blowout. People were changing the channel. Advertisers were not happy.

Suddenly the blackout changed everything. Twitter blew up. People who would never watch the superbowl were talking about it to THEIR friends and tuning in just to see what was going on. Then the 49ers caught up and made it a game that went down to the wire.

The blackout probably made the NFL a ton of extra money.

The NFL will never admit it, but they LOVED the blackout.

The game was a blowout. People were changing the channel. Advertisers were not happy.

Suddenly the blackout changed everything. Twitter blew up. People who would never watch the superbowl were talking about it to THEIR friends and tuning in just to see what was going on. Then the 49ers caught up and made it a game that went down to the wire.

The blackout probably made the NFL a ton of extra money.

There is a lot of truth in what you say. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a "black out" happens in a future Super Bowl when it looks like a blow out is about to happen.:mwink:

You were expecting us to host another next yr? Lmao! Come on! It's only a matter of time before we host another and you have to put in bids. Not like they resort back to same city within 5 yrs. it takes at least a decade.

Not true at all. There have been 47 Super Bowls, and that was the 10th time New Orleans has hosted one. So actually, we do average one every 5 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom