Blame it on the BYE (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Ravens have been perfect in recent years coming off their bye week.

We, on the other hand, have a terrible 'post-bye' record.

The bye was simply a distraction and momentum stopper for our team.

I just hope we get over it soon... after all, we're gonna need at least 5 more wins to get into post season play.

This is gonna be a nerve-wracking stretch coming up. I just don't wanna see people start bad-mouthing the team if we don't win any more games this year. We've already done much better than expected.

It was a great 'pre-bye' season! :9: And the future still looks bright!

Agreed. The team lost momentum and a habit of good play due to the bye. All the sloppy play -- penalties, dropped passed for INT's, etc -- looked like preseason.

I'm confident that the team will look a LOT better next week.

i think there is a difference having a bye coming off a win or a loss..

Balt came off a loss and had to weeks to get angry and focused. We won, the media was loving us, we were thinkng we were world beaters. I'm sure Balt prepared with more intensity than we did, evidenced by their play.

I was impressed the way the offense hung in there when it was obvious the defense was getting out matched. Had the offense had the chance to match the Ravens score for score, the outcome could have been different.

12-4 is still a real possiblity, however, we don't need to make Gradakowski look like an all pro again.

The Ravens have been perfect in recent years coming off their bye week.

We, on the other hand, have a terrible 'post-bye' record.

The bye was simply a distraction and momentum stopper for our team.

I just hope we get over it soon... after all, we're gonna need at least 5 more wins to get into post season play.

This is gonna be a nerve-wracking stretch coming up. I just don't wanna see people start bad-mouthing the team if we don't win any more games this year. We've already done much better than expected.

It was a great 'pre-bye' season! :9: And the future still looks bright!

:clapbig: :clapbig: :clapbig: :clapbig: :clapbig: :clapbig:

Well said. We have such a bright future!! Don't get all worked up over the bumps in the road.

I ain't "bye"-ing it! LOL.

I think some momentum was lost and some lack of focus was evident. But IMO, a lot had to do with our young offense dealing with a top 3-4 defense. In a 3-4 there are more "athletes" playing in the area where the Saints like to throw. Also causes pass protection problems when an O line is not familiar with it.

Remember, this was only the Saints 7th real game to play together with new offensive plays, players, coaches, etc. Same on defense.

As for the defense, a lot of our defensive scheme against the pass depends on a good pass rush with the front four. We have no depth on our D line. Luckily, most of our D lineman are young and Hollis Thomas is hanging in there. It is very hard to sustain a pass rush without a good rotation of "big guys" on the D line. We are missing Rob Ninkovich and Willie Whitehead to rotate in and out and keep the D line fresh.

The good news is that with our young D line getting this much experience, they will be monsters next year when they actually get some help from the backside of the roster.

I was impressed the way the offense hung in there when it was obvious the defense was getting out matched. Had the offense had the chance to match the Ravens score for score, the outcome could have been different.

This loss was a total team effort... can't just blame the defense. Actually, the Saints offense did match the Ravens offense score for score: Saints Offense - 22 points Ravens Offense - 21 points.

The problem was the Saints offense also gave the Ravens 14 additional points.

Yeah I blame it on the bye also, but even if it werent a bye I think we still would of lost, there defense is just to good and were not ready for that just yet, we only have 2 reliable recievers (Horn and Colston) no tightend and as good as reggie is he hasnt seen everything yet so his game is still evolving, I thought he was kinda scared to put his head down and get what ever yards he could, but thats no different than any other game, he just wont take it up the middle if he doesnt see a wide open hole and thats not really his fault cause he saw alot of that at USC...this team is 5-2 and still evolving, some of these players wont even be on this team next year...so I take it game by game, i'm still proud of this team...we just arent ready for the Ravens yet.

Our last two TD's were garbage points. At that point 35-7, the Ravens were just laying back on D and on O they were trying to milk the clock.

We got whupped, bottom-line.

If there was no bye week the Saints do not lose this game. We would not have made the mental mistakes and we would have been really focused. Next week will tell you what I am talking about. Coach is going to put on a clinic. Saints win 34-0. Go Saints.

60% of the Old saints team is gone, and all the coaches of past are gone, why are we still holding on to the historical factors of saints Losses?

We should be Marking these times in our new History books, Nothing thats going on now can be matched to what happened in the past, I think Bye week was a distraction but not because history says it's bad for the saints all the time, i think because this was a young team and they partied and/or Relaxed the entire week and that was a Buzz killer, they are now back in the groove and we should be able to pick ourselves up after this stumble..
Perhaps this loss was good for us since we tend to play harder after a loss?
With that said im looking forward to watching "LIVE IN RAYJAY" The Stomping of the Buc's im gonna be chanting my *** off till my Throat bleed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom