Blame it on whomever you want (1 Viewer)

boxerharley

Very Banned
Reaction score
But we gave up over 200 yards rushing to Parker!!!!! We should have won but we lost.. WE gave up over 200 FREAKIN YARDS RUSHING

That isn't a surprise. We've been getting burned by the run to the outside all year and today Parker has two 70 plus yard runs to the outside. I think our lack of speed at linebacker is starting to catch up with us especially against a speed back like Parker.

That isn't a surprise. We've been getting burned by the run to the outside all year and today Parker has two 70 plus yard runs to the outside. I think our lack of speed at linebacker is starting to catch up with us especially against a speed back like Parker.
If only Bush could play against us, huh?

:)

The Steelers were turning our linebackers in, and the corners did a poor job of keeping containment.

When the reciever crashes on the end or linebacker, the corner should be free to keep contaiment. It's pretty much as simple as that. Neither run should have happened.

What makes this loss worse is that we are a better team than what we showed.. We handed the game to them. I would rather get blown out by a better team then hand the game over to a team we are better than.

had scott who never should have been brought here not messed up that punt, the steelers would have had the ball on like the 3 and wouldnt have dared try an outside run. I dont think they would have scored on that drive

What makes this loss worse is that we are a better team than what we showed.. We handed the game to them. I would rather get blown out by a better team then hand the game over to a team we are better than.

There are some close to Ironclad laws in football if you want to win.

Most of the time when you run the ball well yourself and stop the other team from running, and DO NOT turn the ball over, you will win.

We didn't stop the run, we didn't run too well (or didn't try to stay with it) and we turned the ball over.

And we lost.

We can put up all kinds of numbers in the air this year but if we don't keep Deuce involved with regularity we are going to lose more close games.

Deuce was not used very well in the 3rd quarter when Pitt pulled away. We needed to keep the ball out of Pitts hands but scrapping the run kept us from accomplishing that and they made us pay for it.

We turned it over 3 times, and the Steelers may have played their only turnover free game all year. They're a great team, and we still might've beaten them if not for that last turnover. I feel good, because now I know we can beat them. We won't lose 3 fumbles the next time we play them, or anybody else this year. Despite the terrible contain on the runs, the Saints proved to me today that they're also a great team, but we obviously have room for improvement.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom