N/S Blast from the past.....Super Bowl 9, NOLA, 1975 (1 Viewer)

Nice find. Didn't realize they had to move it due to Super Dome not being ready.

What’s interesting about the Steelers, that i didnt realize until fairly recently- is how similar to the Saints they were prior to this Super Bowl win in Tulane Stadium... They had, if i recall correctly, about 40 years of mostly losing, being the laughing stock of the NFL.. they were a small market team like the Saints, and even wore the same colors (black & gold).. then they got the right coach, had a couple of all-time great drafts, and became a dynasty.. When the Saints won their first SB 10 years ago, i thought history might repeat itself and we’d have a dynasty too.. but no such luck.. which is fine, i’m still thrilled we finally won one.

What’s interesting about the Steelers, that i didnt realize until fairly recently- is how similar to the Saints they were prior to this Super Bowl win in Tulane Stadium... They had, if i recall correctly, about 40 years of mostly losing, being the laughing stock of the NFL.. they were a small market team like the Saints, and even wore the same colors (black & gold).. then they got the right coach, had a couple of all-time great drafts, and became a dynasty.. When the Saints won their first SB 10 years ago, i thought history might repeat itself and we’d have a dynasty too.. but no such luck.. which is fine, i’m still thrilled we finally won one.
When I was a kid, Pittsburgh was indeed a laughing stock. There were only 10 teams: Giants, Eagles, Colts in Baltimore, Cardinals in Chicago and then St. Louis, Steelers, Redskins, Bears, Packers, Rams in L. A, and 49ers. The Pennsylvania teams were awful.

We probably noticed John Gilliam playing for the Vikings in that game.

That's right, they were the Saints before the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom