Bleacher Report echoes same thoughts on forum (1 Viewer)

Quietstorm1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I like the idea of trading harper and then making those cuts. don't care much for the draft or some of the players he has us picking up, though.

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The only thing I like about that article is the trade of HARPER to the TITANS .... other than that, I dont like the draft picks or the free agent picks ....

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Actually..i had us trading Roman to the Rams when i thought that Gregg would return there.

It makes a lot of sense.

Tons of sense

Too much sense not to happen.

Danneaux

Proud NRA Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a win-win.

We have to eat about 4 million in bonus money that Tennessee doesn't have to pay him.

Titans get him fairly cheap and we free up about 3 million in cap space.

Of course we'd have to acquire a new safety which would cost us around 3 to 4 million, unless we looked toward the draft or signed some mediocre journeyman SS.

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I have no problem losing Harper. Greer had a down year but this guy has been as much of a shut down corner the saints ever had so I am not ready to ship him off after one year.

Another team that may be open to take some 4-3 players is Dallas. They are converting from the 3-4 to the 4-3 and what a better opportunity for both teams to make those transitions easier.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like a win-win.

We have to eat about 4 million in bonus money that Tennessee doesn't have to pay him.

Titans get him fairly cheap and we free up about 3 million in cap space.

Of course we'd have to acquire a new safety which would cost us around 3 to 4 million, unless we looked toward the draft or signed some mediocre journeyman SS.

Matt Elam would be a great selection IMHO

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I would love that scenario. I don't think Harper would garnish a 3rd and a 7th but would be nice. I could see a 4th round pick. I don't want to ger rid of Greer either. He is still a very good corner and if we could ever generate some pressure up front he would be even better. Other than Vaccaro and Williams, I've never heard of the other draft picks so can't really comment on the draft part.

Boondock

Veritas Aequitas
Reaction score
Dang! That's pretty well thought out. I like it! Too bad the odds of it happening are slim to none, but it is food for thought.

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
I stopped reading after we got a 3rd rounder and another late rounder for Roman Harper! Yeah right! Maybe if he ran a 4.2 40 and Al Davis were still around!

literature

All-Pro
Reaction score
Worst defense of all time? First step is getting rid of your two best defenders!

Thank you bleacher report.

CantonLegend

Best Looking
Reaction score
I stopped reading after we got a 3rd rounder and another late rounder for Roman Harper! Yeah right! Maybe if he ran a 4.2 40 and Al Davis were still around!
harper gets so much crap on SR but hes actually pretty widely recognized as one of the better SSs in the league

my money is on harper not going anywhere though. hes a great leader and one of the key pieces of our team

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Report: Panthers shut down facility ahead of Saints game after unconfirmed positive test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints to play Panthers in Superdome this Sunday: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints 1st Quarter + 1 Game Report Card (Offense, Special Teams, Coaches) SR News Page Articles 0
Report: Michael Thomas held out of Chargers game and fined, not suspended by Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: NFL owners to vote on moving next New Orleans Super Bowl back one year to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Chargers vs. Saints: Pregame Report SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Chargers vs. Saints injury report, betting odds: Michael Thomas out, Joey Bosa questionable SR News Page Articles 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas ruled out for Monday night after altercation with teammate Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rule out WR Michael Thomas for Monday's game against Chargers: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints 1st Qtr. Report on the Defensive Unit Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saints vs Chargers final injury report: Janoris Jenkins out, Marshon Lattimore questionable Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Injury report: 3 Saints ruled out, 6 are questionable for Monday night against Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Injury report (Ram full, Jenkins out. Lots of questionable). Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
Andrus Week 5: Saints Friday Injury Report SR News Page Articles 0
Saints vs Lions Friday injury report: Six limited including Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
B-Train Friday Injury Report per Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 63
sammymvpknight Strength of schedule report Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Andrus NFL Week 5: Saints-Chargers injury report highlights Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport SR News Page Articles 0