Bleacher Report echoes same thoughts on forum (1 Viewer)

I stopped reading after we got a 3rd rounder and another late rounder for Roman Harper! Yeah right! Maybe if he ran a 4.2 40 and Al Davis were still around!

harper gets so much crap on SR but hes actually pretty widely recognized as one of the better SSs in the league

my money is on harper not going anywhere though. hes a great leader and one of the key pieces of our team

harper gets so much crap on SR but hes actually pretty widely recognized as one of the better SSs in the league

my money is on harper not going anywhere though. hes a great leader and one of the key pieces of our team

Sorry, I just don't see it!!

I like it. Especially the first round pick. However, I would trade up into the second and try for Rhodes.

Rhodes, Prob and that CB from Baltimore all fighting for a starting position would be far better

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

my money is on harper not going anywhere though. hes a great leader and one of the key pieces of our defense allowing the deep ball to occur.

fify

fify

How about step 1 is we fire the guy who made harper play in a 2-deep zone the entire season?

I'm picturing Head Coach Saintsreport now:

"Roman, I'm looking at these stats and your Deep Ball Occurrences are over twice what they should be"

"Sorry coach, I was playing out of position and still leading all safeties league-wide in tackles while serving as chief defensive captain during the suspensions. It was hard because our scheme and personnel were incapable of producing any kind of pressure up front. Maybe we should switch to a 3-4 that actually suits our personnel?"

"Sorry, those Deep Ball Occurrences are still too darn high. Going to have to replace you with a rookie known for being over-aggressive. We'll help him out by cutting our best corner. It'll be the best way to ensure we don't get beat deep."

There's no a chance we could get a 3rd and a later pick for Harper. If someone offered that, I would hit accept so fast because the man who offered it is a sucker. Harper wouldn't warrant a 3rd round pick. Not a chance. He's a good, decent safety, but not that good. At most, maybe a 6th and I'm being generous with that. Some people are just way too optimistic when it comes to stuff like this.

Agree, if we were able to squeeze that kind of offer out of someone though I may think about dealing him.

Yeah the trade is good, the cuts are good, the FA moves are ok, but the draft sucks.

Greer is our best db, he's here next year. And if loomis could get a 3rd for harper I bet he would jump all over it. Doubt it though.

OK... I like the idea (at it's core) but I seriously think a 3rd and and 6th or 7th is very unrealistic for Harper and his giant salary...

Let's say though that the Titans do make a trade for him though... because GW talks them into it... but we get a 4th for him straight up (still a bit of a stretch IMO).

I like all of the FA moves he predicts, except freakin Sam Baker... That dude is turrible! Replace Baker with Bushrod taking a small hometown discount... or even Will Beatty.

So now we have an extra 4th... and here's how I'd change his shaky mock draft..

1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia - I really think will fall into our lap, and we'll snatch him up.

3. Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St. - Versatile Safety prospect. Ball-hawk.

4. Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin - NT for depth now, and future starter.

4. Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse - OT prospect that could end up at G.

5. Emory Blake, WR, Auburn - WR depth with upside.

7. Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida

Could never get a 3rd rounder for Harper. If we start shopping him then you know its either a trade or cutting him. They could just call our bluff.

Santonio holmes, fresh sb mvp was given away for a fifth, and harper should gather a 3rd AND a 7th? I want what those people are smoking.

Santonio holmes, fresh sb mvp was given away for a fifth, and harper should gather a 3rd AND a 7th? I want what those people are smoking.

While a 3rd and a 7th is unlikely, he is under contract for 2 more years, so whomever trades for him won't have to pay any signing bonus money at all.

He can be cut after the 1st year without any compensation or cap hit.

Its more attractive to trade for him than many think.

I'd say probably a 4th and a conditional is probably fair.

Then again is a 4th round pick worth basically worth the risk? We still have to find a replacement for him. There are ZERO guarantees in the draft and free-agent safeties are slim pickin's this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom