Bleacher Report echoes same thoughts on forum (1 Viewer)

Harper would go to the Titans and join Greg Williams who just sold out the Saints?

I like the idea of trading harper and then making those cuts. don't care much for the draft or some of the players he has us picking up, though.

The only thing I like about that article is the trade of HARPER to the TITANS .... other than that, I dont like the draft picks or the free agent picks ....

Actually..i had us trading Roman to the Rams when i thought that Gregg would return there.

It makes a lot of sense.

Tons of sense

Too much sense not to happen.

Sounds like a win-win.

We have to eat about 4 million in bonus money that Tennessee doesn't have to pay him.

Titans get him fairly cheap and we free up about 3 million in cap space.

Of course we'd have to acquire a new safety which would cost us around 3 to 4 million, unless we looked toward the draft or signed some mediocre journeyman SS.

I have no problem losing Harper. Greer had a down year but this guy has been as much of a shut down corner the saints ever had so I am not ready to ship him off after one year.

Another team that may be open to take some 4-3 players is Dallas. They are converting from the 3-4 to the 4-3 and what a better opportunity for both teams to make those transitions easier.

Sounds like a win-win.

We have to eat about 4 million in bonus money that Tennessee doesn't have to pay him.

Titans get him fairly cheap and we free up about 3 million in cap space.

Of course we'd have to acquire a new safety which would cost us around 3 to 4 million, unless we looked toward the draft or signed some mediocre journeyman SS.

Matt Elam would be a great selection IMHO

I would love that scenario. I don't think Harper would garnish a 3rd and a 7th but would be nice. I could see a 4th round pick. I don't want to ger rid of Greer either. He is still a very good corner and if we could ever generate some pressure up front he would be even better. Other than Vaccaro and Williams, I've never heard of the other draft picks so can't really comment on the draft part.

Dang! That's pretty well thought out. I like it! Too bad the odds of it happening are slim to none, but it is food for thought.

I stopped reading after we got a 3rd rounder and another late rounder for Roman Harper! Yeah right! Maybe if he ran a 4.2 40 and Al Davis were still around!

Worst defense of all time? First step is getting rid of your two best defenders!

Thank you bleacher report.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom