Bleacher Report Week 3 Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

Mackenzie

Black and Gold Forever
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/259311-mike-blewitts-nfl-power-rankings-week-3

1. New York Giants (2-0) – With a banged-up roster, opening up the new state-of-the-art stadium in Dallas was a formidable task. Considering they were playing their second straight divisional opponent, the last-second win and harassment on Tony Romo is that much more impressive.

2. New Orleans Saints (2-0) – The Saints opened the season with more points (93 in two weeks) than any team since the 1968 Oakland Raiders. For them to drop 48 of those on Philadelphia’s defense was flat-out shocking. Even if the bubble bursts and their defense doesn’t hold up for the whole year, we have to give the Saints a ton of credit for this start.

3. New York Jets (2-0) – The Jets pulled off the signature win of 2009 so far but will it mean as much in the long run if the Pats continue to scuffle along? They are a re-energized organization with a talented rookie QB (Mark Sanchez), a confident rookie head coach (Rex Ryan) and a stifling defense that has yet to allow this season.

4. Baltimore Ravens (2-0) –None of us expected to see the Ravens get burned for over 400 yards passing in San Diego but it’s still a big win. Their defense is likely to tighten up and their balanced offense is really playing well to start the year.

5. Indianapolis Colts (2-0) – Another week, another win for the ho-hum Colts who just never seem to lose their stride. Noteworthy stat: Peyton Manning did all of his damage in less than 15 minutes of offensive possession.

6. Atlanta Falcons (2-0) – Beware NFC, The Matt Ryan-Tony Gonzalez combo already appears to be lethal. They have beaten two of last year’s playoff teams to start the season, the only team in the NFL to do so.

Pretty fair assessment. Should be a hum-dinger in Week 4.

I was thinking in the 5 range, but #2? That's impressive. I just hope our team doesn't read this.

I love how writers love to point out that the Falclowns have beaten two of last year's playoff teams but fail to point out that those two teams are winless this year.

I love how writers love to point out that the Falclowns have beaten two of last year's playoff teams but fail to point out that those two teams are winless this year.

I will say Miami didn't look too bad last night against the Colts, though I only saw the first half.

Mikee-GA's power rankings week 2

Well I did this last week and had fun with it so here ya go.

Criteria: Win. Dominance. Quality of opponent...in that order Sorry Tennessee
So the 2-0 teams come first (you have to at least have the power to beat the teams on your schedule, then dominance, then quality of opponents

11. Giants. Beat a decent team in the skins
2. Saints. Completely dominated the new & improved Lions
6. Ravens. They drew the backup QB and scored the game winner at the end.
10. 49ers. They beat the NFC champs.
7. Falcons. Beat down a playoff team pretty good
12. Colts. Beat the Jags by 2 ... whew! This offense really only has two guys.
16. Broncos. These were 2 bad teams, neither deserved to win
1. Eagles
8. Jets. Beat everyone's lovable losers with a rookie QB. It wasn't that close
3. Vikings. Don't know if anyone can stop AP. Legit QB. Great D
31. Texans. They just suck.
4. Seahawks. Pitched a shutout
5. Cowboys. God I hate them
9. Steelers. Titans have a good D, but Kerry Collins...come on!
13. Packers. Can't tell if they lucked out or they caused all those Cutler mistakes.
14. Chargers. Barely beat the Raiders.
15. Patriots. Only beat the Bills because of a boneheaded return.
17. Titans. Vince is still on the bench
18. Redskins. Not quite there
19. Bills. You don't give the Pats a 2nd chance.
20. Raiders. Robbed by the refs
21. Dolphins. Beat by a pretty good team, and looked bad in the process.
22. Cardinals. Beaten by the 9ers, order is restored
23. Jaguars. Seems like the Jags of 2 years ago, which is not quite good enough
24. Chiefs. They've got SOME talent, but not nearly enough
25. Bears. Decimated by injuries and stupidity
26. Browns. See chiefs.
27. Bengals. Reminds of the Saints of my younger years in the late 70s
28. Lions. Improving, but still very bad
29. Panthers. A total collapse?
30. Bucs. Hard to believe they did this on purpose
32. Rams. They need a complete overhaul.

If you talk about disrespect, you should see the Broncos, the only 2-0 team that is not on the top 15. Before you can say because of the teams they beat, I would say that they might surprise a lot of people this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom