Blind optimism (1 Viewer)

bones

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If they can play as well as they have in the first two games, clean a few things up, and not have a deflating injury which forces them to have to change the scheme on the fly, I'm saying 2 and 2 at the bye. Usually don't like a bye this early, but in what has gone down in the first two weeks, I think it's good timing.

Actually, I really don't think it's blind at all. There are a lot of takeaways from the the first 2 weeks that justify optimism. We have the parts on boths sides of the ball. The question is can we execute the gameplan and minimize the mistakes along with being more consistent. If the 3 parts of the team can get on a roll at the same time, there will be success.

There no doubt will be growing pains, especially for our young secondary, but if they play up to their potential, they have a bright future. The offense needs to carry the team, and they were really sloppy today. If they get on track vs Atlanta, and go into the bye at 2-2, I like their chances going forward.

I understand it's hard to be optimistic after 2 super close games, but we had a good chance to win both, and hopefully the chips fall our way. No game is a gimme in the NFL. Other teams are trying to win too, but the potential is obvious. Let's not get carried away 2 games into a 16 game season.

Alot of young players getting thrown j to the fire early and this defense has been solid for the most part so I think once these guys get comfortable with gameday expectations you will see Crawley make the interception I stead of it being taken from him by a more aggressive player sometimes it's just matching the intensity of the moment and that's something the young players have to feel to understand and two games into their careers is to early to judge but they are learning on the fly.

I like the way this team is shaping up. I think we have the correct leadership to use these two games as positives. I personally have always said as long as they play hard and never give up I can swallow that type of loss.It's way easier than the no effort and give up attitude like the Carolina game in the dome that was horrid. The injuries we have had even before the season with Rankins,Lewis,Hoomanawanui,Swann and then the injuries to begin the season are just back breaking.These are not just 3rd stringers they were all key players. Hopefully Rankins and Breaux will make it back by their projected times and everything goes smoothly with their recovery. Tough start but this team won't fold no way no how even though a decent percentage of fans seem to be.

I love the way this forum swings between blind homerism and "everything is ruined forever" with no middle ground.

At this point, the goal should be to try and improve each and every week. Learn how to finish out close games.

Clean things up???? Coach is that you?

I'm not sure about you, but I actually saw a lot of improvement in many areas between games 1 & 2. Our offense struggled, but the Giants defense deserves credit for playing very well. But so does our defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom