Blockbuster expands options for online customers (1 Viewer)

I'd try a trial at each. Check DVD Talk and FatWallet for trial promo codes/links. 'friends' was a promo code for a month at Blockbuster, not sure if it's still working.

Current Blockbuster customers can save some money by cancelling your account through the web page. They should offer you a reduced rate before confirmation, knocked $5/mo off mine.

okay - question for those that use blockbuster - i have looked on their website but can't find the answer - the fine print says in store pick-ups subject to store dates and fees - what time frame are we talking to be returned

okay - question for those that use blockbuster - i have looked on their website but can't find the answer - the fine print says in store pick-ups subject to store dates and fees - what time frame are we talking to be returned

Most of the newer new releases are two day rentals while the rest is one week. But I'm still not sure if there is a late fee or not.

They will tell you at the store. If it's a new rental I think it's 2 days, all others are 5 days I think. But if you return it late you're only charged 1.25.

There are no late fees anymore, movies are 2-day or 5-day rentals, you actually have 7 days to keep a movie, if you don't return it by then you are charged the purchase price of the movie, if you then return the movie you are credited the purchase price minus a $1.25 re-stocking fee. There is not a better deal.

i ve had the program for over a month now and i love it. i collect movies and its great for me. they send me 3 movies i "collect" them. then i turn them into blockbuster and get 3 more for free. i take them home "collect" them and the next day i have 3 more movies in my mail box after i collect them i return all six to the store and get 3 more free ones for turning in my new movies...
turn around time if you take to the store is 2 or 3 days at the longest.

Is it easy to collect the movies, or is there some sort of block involved?

without reading the entire thing i believe that refers to person copying movies then distributing them for profit.
that is the way its been explained to me.
why would it be illegal to copy something that is available for free off of tv. what im saying is this many people can rent a movie off of pay per view and copy it for there on personal use.

DMCA applies to personal use, it's illegal to make a copy even if you own the DVD. Breaking the CSS/AACS encryption is where you run into legal problems. It's a bad law and should have fair use exemptions added, but fair use would probably not apply to rented movies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom