Blockbuster expands options for online customers (1 Viewer)

severum just curious what do you do for a living

There are no late fees anymore, movies are 2-day or 5-day rentals, you actually have 7 days to keep a movie, if you don't return it by then you are charged the purchase price of the movie, if you then return the movie you are credited the purchase price minus a $1.25 re-stocking fee. There is not a better deal.

"re-stocking fee"? isnt that the new term for late fee

cool. ive noticed you are informed on some legal matters. i didnt know if you worked in that field or if it was just a hobby

DMCA is something all ISPs and major web site operators have to be aware of, the rest could be called a hobby. I'm far too unmotivated and antisocial to be a lawyer.

The DMCA is mostly used in cases of online copyright infringement (bittorrent/youtube/etc takedown notices) or to restrict software that circumvents DRM. Terrible law for consumers and technology when it comes to DRM/fair use.

You're right that financial gain plays a major role in the severity of the penalties. Civil penalties would be the concern under the rental scenario, but you won't have the feds or MPAA busting down your door for personal copies (yet).

Couple of things here:

1) I'm getting sick of Netflix delays as well

2) LMAO @ southland.

This has made-for-lineofduty.com movie all over it!

The cop pirating DVDs!

The evidence is all here in this thread!

You're going to be running from Federal Agents!

Will you go out in a blaze of glory?!

:worthy:

Yup Netflix is still throttling me if any of you are wondering. Although I'm going to keep them because their selection of foreign movies are excellent while Blockbuster's selection is crap.

Netflix almost always has the unrated versions. They do throttle me, but its way better than paying $15 to buy a DVD I want to see from Amazon.

Never tried Netflix. Would be unlikely to do so, with no storefront in case of error or issues.

My experience with Blockbuster Total Access has been good so far (two months). However, i should note that there is no way i have time to watch more than two movies in a week.

And there are tons of foreign movies i haven't seen yet, so Blockbuster's selection should keep me for a while. but i have ten foreigns in my queue and more are released each week :)

The main advantage of the mail service vs the in-store service, at least here, is that parking is murder at any of the DC stores. And i am NOT going out for a stroll in 30 mph gusts to a movie store with empty shelves. i'm also not driving out to Virginia just for a DVD.

The popular stuff (the stuff of which the store carries enough copies so we can all share) is generally the stuff i consider crap... but of course i don't exactly expect them to take up "Rocky Balboa" and "American Pie Presents Bikini Bull Riding" space with "Been Rich All My Life" or "Monsieur Ibrahim".

i'm fine with waiting a day or two for a movie i actually want to see, and paying $9.99 for unlimited movies.

I have been with Greencine for 5 years now. It is great.

Does the blockbuster online have blu-ray movies to rent? I see that netflix does but I cant seem to find out if blockbuster does.

I use netflix and my turnaround isn't all that bad. I sent one of today should get the next one Friday or Sat. We are on the three movie at a time thing so it works out with our schedule. I have been known to use the red box kiosk( http://redbox.com ) for somethings that i just have to have. It is a buck and you keep it until 7PM the next day. They are at the entrance of the two Albertsons here.

BB continues to provide great service for me here in Biloxi. Sent my last movie back on Monday and received the next one today (Wed). Plus, if I read the e-mail correctly, they have now included free game rental when you return the movie in store.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom