Blockbuster: Johan to the Mets (1 Viewer)

Did he? ESPN reported Johan and his agent have been very professional about this whole thing. I don't remember them saying anything about Santana forcing them to make a deal.

He told the Twins that they had until Tuesday to trade him or he would invoke he no trade clause.
He is expected to agree to a 6 year 130 million dollar deal. I think he is selling himself short. He can get whatever he wants the Mets have no barginning power.

Last edited:
I see. It makes sense though... it would have lead to all types of distractions during the season which could have affected his numbers.

Johan and his agent requested that this be taken care of before pitchers and catchers report. The sooner the better. Mets p's and c's report on Feb. 7th (I think) so I would guess that the week was to allow for accommodations and such. That is my opinion. But yes, it was reported in several of the NY papers this morning that the trade was requested or the no-trade would be invoked throughout the season, forcing the Twins' hand.

The deadline has pasted.
No word of a deal at this moment.
Last I heard they were 10 million apart.

$10 million is pennies to this team. I can't believe they are going to blow this deal. Who cares if the 6th year is gauranteed? You'll make more than enough money off this guy to more than make up for a potential bad 6th year.

I will be forced to laugh hysterically if this falls through. What, are the Steinbrenner boys making this deal?

$10 million is pennies to this team. I can't believe they are going to blow this deal. Who cares if the 6th year is gauranteed? You'll make more than enough money off this guy to more than make up for a potential bad 6th year.

I will be forced to laugh hysterically if this falls through. What, are the Steinbrenner boys making this deal?
Does your fandom switch back to the Braves then?

I love a good front office. If they blow this deal, then I will be extremely dissapointed in what was touted as a rather good FO. I will not be more supportive or the Mets, I tell ya that much.:mad:

Its official. Santana is a Met. Terms are undisclosed. The Mets are gonna be hard to beat this year. Way to go Minaya!!!!!!

Aw yeah!!! Opening day, March 31, 2008, in Marlins Stadium. MAN, I wish I could go!!!

Sucks for my Braves but the Mets still have a lot of question marks surrounding their rotation. On paper though it looks very strong.

Pedro a year older and coming off a serious injury. If you've followed Perez during his career you'd know he's anything but consistent. Was last year a fluke regarding John Maine's performance? Their 5th starter will be either Hernandez, Sosa, or Pelfrey... not exactly intimidating.

You're talking about the 5th starter???????? There are teams who start asking questions like that for their 3rd starter.

You're talking about the 5th starter???????? There are teams who start asking questions like that for their 3rd starter.

I must say. The simplicity in your perspective leaves no rebuttal. BUT, I will have to add that barring ignorance to nth degree, the Mets are set at starting pitching atleast 4 deep. Heilman and Sosa are good enough, but a late reliever is necessary to keep Wagner from pitching more than one inning. It made me cringe to see Wagner come in so early. It was so boneheaded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom