Blockchain tech talk (1 Viewer)

BA

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Thought it would be worth starting another thread since this technology diverges into so many other markets. I just saw a blockchain based cloud storage company (SAI) and now scanning through some healthcare startups looking to get a jump on the market (below). Not sure how lucrative any of these will be if at all other than providing a more cost effective and secure method of sharing information

I'm still learning in many directions and by no means an expert in this space. Videos from Andreas Antonopoulos probably make me feel more comfortable than I should however if you keep things in perspective it is a great learning experience.

Have any of you heard of any interesting markets or innovations in the blockchain arena?

8 blockchain healthcare startups to know

edit: grammar and wording

This is very clever if it works... It should evaporate most of the front end risk leaving only the endpoints, if done properly ( I think, still learning).

I'm not into dark markets however my day job benefits from the security knowledge I gain and staying on the bleeding edge is fun.

The Race for a Decentralised Silk Road Is On | Motherboard

I just learned Bitcoin's genesis block contains a reference to bank bailout in the UK. I admire this creation more everyday :9:

1tmreg.jpg

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

DHS is down...

"The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is preparing to utilize Blockchain technology in securing the transmission and storage of data collected by security cameras, sensors and internal databases.

Essentially, the DHS aims to prevent the manipulation of data and potential hacking attacks on thousands of devices operating in airports, at port and on the US borders with Mexico and Canada. Currently, these devices rely on an outdated system based on centralized servers and databases, which are vulnerable to sophisticated malware-related attacks.

Dependence on a traditional IT infrastructure is inefficient for a wide-reaching agency as it often leads large-scale operations hugely reliant on the storage and processing of information. Departments within the DHS, including US Customs and Border Protection, deals with one mln travelers and 67,000 cargo containers. To effectively store a large volume of data, transparent and immutable systems are necessary.

Factom, a Blockchain startup which has processed over 90 mln records, 6.3 mln entries and 72,000 anchors in its three Blockchain-based products including Apollo, Iris and Hera, secured a contract with the DHS to provide an infrastructure for departments such as the US Customs and Border Protection which is efficient, immutable and transparent.

Various sources revealed that Factom, Customs and Border Protection are planning to carry out extensive testing of their joint project, to ensure the security and efficiency of the Blockchain platform so as that it can supplement large volumes of data processed by the DHS on a daily basis."

Bitcoin Supporter Peter Thiel Considering Bid for California Governor - Altcoin Today

I work in EMS Billing software, so this would be very interesting. I'll have to take a deeper dive later.

I work in EMS Billing software, so this would be very interesting. I'll have to take a deeper dive later.

Link in original post is a good start. I'm running up some healthcare innovations at work myself... this is so fun! And they are paying me to do this - wow!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom