Blocking the Trump aganda (1 Viewer)

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There have been so many threads lately regarding Trump's policies. These policies so far are set up to ensure the failure of the vast majority for the enrichment of the small minority. His agenda is dangerous to the current and future condition of this country on every level.

Trump is a thin-skinned narcissist who lost the election by 3 million votes. He does not have popular support, and already strong opposition is being demonstrated.

We here have condemned Trump roundly. I was willing to give him a break until I saw his cabinet picks and now his policies. No more break. Trump and his consortium of goons and yes-men need to be met on their level. No sitting around hand-wringing and singing Kumbaya for 4 years.

So the question is what are the best ways to resist the Trump agenda?? I've decided to do something every day--email or phone call to our Republican lackey of a congressman, signing petitions, and donations when I can afford them.

My hope is that moderate Republican voters and legislators come to their senses and see that this man does not have the interests of the middle and lower classes at heart. Far from it, he seeks to take even more from them.

Nine Ways to Oppose Donald Trump - The New Yorker

TheMike62987

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
In 2018 you can vote at the mid term elections. That will render Trump pretty much useless if power is shifted away from the Right.

Devildog

Meh
Reaction score
There have been so many threads lately regarding Trump's policies. These policies so far are set up to ensure the failure of the vast majority for the enrichment of the small minority. His agenda is dangerous to the current and future condition of this country on every level.

Trump is a thin-skinned narcissist who lost the election by 3 million votes. He does not have popular support, and already strong opposition is being demonstrated.

We here have condemned Trump roundly. I was willing to give him a break until I saw his cabinet picks and now his policies. No more break. Trump and his consortium of goons and yes-men need to be met on their level. No sitting around hand-wringing and singing Kumbaya for 4 years.

So the question is what are the best ways to resist the Trump agenda?? I've decided to do something every day--email or phone call to our Republican lackey of a congressman, signing petitions, and donations when I can afford them.

My hope is that moderate Republican voters and legislators come to their senses and see that this man does not have the interests of the middle and lower classes at heart. Far from it, he seeks to take even more from them.

Nine Ways to Oppose Donald Trump - The New Yorker
There are no moderate Republicans anymore. The moderate Democrats look like fringe extreme left liberals compared to them.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want to oppose trump
McConnell and his lapdogs spent 8 years being the anti obamas - It was crap governing
Just focus like a laser on the progressive agenda (including running new blood candidates up and down the tickets) and don't even engage with trump until it's big ticket item (ie scotus)

1 I thnk its the right thing to do
2 ignoring a narcissist is probably the best way to thwart him in the long run (realizing in the short run that he'll get crazier and crazier just to get attention)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
In 2018 you can vote at the mid term elections. That will render Trump pretty much useless if power is shifted away from the Right.
This is the most effective way to prevent Trump from having carte blanche for the last two years of his term.

We can also hope that the Democrats in the House and Senate get enough from the other side of the aisle to realize the real harm this man's proposals can do to their constituents and get them to realize early on that 2018 elections are coming and will have consequences when after two years, the rust belt is rustier than ever and the taxpayers are paying $20 Billion for a wall that Mexico is never going to pay us back for.

OP
saintmdterps

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want to oppose trump
McConnell and his lapdogs spent 8 years being the anti obamas - It was crap governing
Just focus like a laser on the progressive agenda (including running new blood candidates up and down the tickets) and don't even engage with trump until it's big ticket item (ie scotus)

1 I thnk its the right thing to do
2 ignoring a narcissist is probably the best way to thwart him in the long run (realizing in the short run that he'll get crazier and crazier just to get attention)
I can ignore Trump to some extent, as he is limited in what he can accomplish without Congressional approval. I intend to badger our local republican congressman incessantly. He will not schedule a town hall meeting in my city because he is afraid of what he will confront.

Get after your local congressman/woman. Make sure they know your viewpoints on everything. It takes 5 minutes to write an email.

Find Your Representative · House.gov

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
57% approval now and climbing. So yeah he has popular support.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll flip this. Why do we need to block his agenda? He did win the presidency and Republicans did win the House and Senate. The will of the Republic, tilts in that direction.

I think the focus should be having a hand in the changes. Not blocking. The new Health Care "thing" (calling it a thing, because we don't know much yet.. or have a name), is a prime example of something to fight to be involved in. We may lose some of the protections, but there needs to be noise/focus on the most important ACA provisions. I'd like to see the pre-existing conditions remain covered at all costs. Life time Maximums may not end up meaning anything, since you'd probably have to spend around a decade in the Hospital (at Insurance rates) to get in the millions of dollars. The 26 yrs old provision is great for college students and people having a hard time. it may not cost much to keep that, so that's worthy.

Most insurance companies actually encourage the free annual physicals, because it seems to save them in the long run. So, I'd expect that easy to come back.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
57% approval now and climbing. So yeah he has popular support.
That's from Rasmussen Reports, which tends to favor Republicans. Not sure I'd call it biased, but the way to conduct the poll tends to make Republicans look better or more likely to win elections.

RussTKD

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think we can get a real barometer of his approval until he either has to deal with Congress on something contentious or faces some sort of an international incident.

I'm still curious why people aren't screaming for him to go to Mississippi to visit the tornado victims.

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
I don't think we can get a real barometer of his approval until he either has to deal with Congress on something contentious or faces some sort of an international incident.

I'm still curious why people aren't screaming for him to go to Mississippi to visit the tornado victims.
He should. Town of Petal, MS

egautr1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I can ignore Trump to some extent, as he is limited in what he can accomplish without Congressional approval. I intend to badger our local republican congressman incessantly. He will not schedule a town hall meeting in my city because he is afraid of what he will confront.

Get after your local congressman/woman. Make sure they know your viewpoints on everything. It takes 5 minutes to write an email.

Find Your Representative · House.gov
So I took your advice and wrote to my rep. Steve Scalise. I have never ever wrote, called, emailed, etc. a politician of any kind in my life at 34 years old. But I have been called to act after seeing the way this administration wants to conduct itself.

Here is what I wrote Rep. Scalise:

Mr. Scalise,

I was writing to you today to express my grave concerns for the direction of our country under the newly elected president. After watching his interview last night on ABC news I have come to the conclusion that he is actually making our country unsafe through his incendiary talk and constant falsehoods.

This man is endangering our service men and women when he says on national television that he "supports torture" and wants to make it a weapon at our disposal. A multitude of studies have proven that torture in NOT effective and often leads to more misinformation. Our military commanders and leaders also do NOT support torture, as evidenced by Senator John McCain's recent comments. Terrorists all around the world will now use the president's words to recruit new terrorists and condemn America. This is not what the United States should stand for.

I am also greatly concerned about his use of "alternative facts" and is refusal to accept basic reality and reason. Arguing over crowd sizes and exclaiming massive voter fraud with zero evidence to back it up. His behavior and demeanor are highly erratic and disturbing.

So I am asking that you as my representative to stand up to the president when needed and represent the basic values that we stand for here in south LA. This includes treating people with dignity and respect, welcoming others into our community and state, doing what is right, and fighting for the rights an well being of ALL americans, regardless of who they voted for or what they believe in.

I did not vote for you, but I am expecting you to represent me, my family, my community, and my state in a professional and dignified manner, and to resist those who want to infringe upon our basic rights, including those from your own party. I hope that you put the interests of your district and state ahead of the interests of your political party and its leaders.

Thank you for your service, and I look forward to hearing your response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom