Blog is up -- THROCKMORTON!! (1 Viewer)

"Just having fun out there!"

These are a lot more fun to write after a win, that's for sure.

Wow good read, I've been here on this forum for a long time, and for whatever reason I've never read your work.

I'm glad I did, cause I really enjoyed it and your really good at it.

🙏 Respect

Calvin Throckmorton is awesome. Says a lot that he made the 53 squad on a deep talented OL. Congrats all the way!

Both him and Juwan Johnson coming to us via the Oregon Ducks! Both played with Justin Herbert as well. Oregon has a great football program we’re fortunate to have these two!

Keep balling guys we’re obviously going to need you both going forward.

"Just having fun out there!"

These are a lot more fun to write after a win, that's for sure.
Good to see the site going again, J. I always enjoyed Claude's writing. As to:

Dude’s name sounds like the laughable rich-guy supporting character in a black-and-white romantic comedy movie set on Park Avenue in NYC in the 30s and 40s who chuckles a lot while always carrying a martini.

It's funny, when I was following the signing of undrafted free agents and saw Calvin Throckmorton, the name Thurston Howell III popped into my head. Great declining minds think alike.

Interesting read, SaintJ! I like your take on inclusion, did not notice the rotation live. This coaching staff is truly special, I don't know how Sean keeps putting up such a group year after year.

"Throckmorton has been one of the most versatile linemen in the country. As a third-team Associated Press All-American and first-team All-Pac-12 selection his senior year, he started 12 games at right tackle and two at center for the injured Jake Hanson. He started at four different positions for the Ducks in 2018 (six at right tackle, five at left tackle, one at center, one at right guard), earning honorable mention All-Pac-12 honors. He was an honorable mention all-conference pick in 2017 after starting all 13 games, the first 10 games at right tackle and the final three games at right guard. Even as a redshirt freshman, Throckmorton showed his durability by starting all 12 games at the right tackle spot. He's called "Doc Throck" by his teammates because he's smart (3.8 GPA, 2019 second-team Academic All-American). He was a first-team all-state and All-Seattle Metro star on both the offensive and defensive line at Bellevue's Newport High School before signing with Oregon."

It's funny, when I was following the signing of undrafted free agents and saw Calvin Throckmorton, the name Thurston Howell III popped into my head. Great declining minds think alike.
Many thanks -- I almost used the Thurston Howell III name but I figured only those of us of sufficient age would get it. :covri: :hihi:

Great read, but I get the opposite reaction from his name, as in "with a name like that, he cannot play anywhere but the O line."

I wonder if his parents are old enough to be Gildersleeve fans? Love the name and I hope he becomes a mainstay.

Edit: nvrmnd, it's his LAST name! Doh! It still makes me think of The Great Gildersleeve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom