Blondie (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I was watching a “Rolling Stone: Behind the Music” show on YouTube the other day, and at its conclusion it rolled into a “Blondie: Behind the Music”, it was a very enlightening show.

I had never really listened to Blondie other than the traditional Clem Burke Drum intro to “Call Me” and Chris Stein’s strumming “One way or another”, but they have so many good songs. I went on to Spotify and if Blondie’s tracks were trending up my apologies. I have been on a wild kick for their music.

Burke on the drums is just amazing (dreaming), Debbie Harry has a mixture of great vocals and song writing skills that are just amazing (rapture), Stein’s just lagniappe.

You can really hear their influence in so many songs that you hear today. Their mixture of club, punk, hip hop, they were so ahead of their time, it’s just crazy.

Not sure why I thought if the comic first
Andy Capp was a whole comic devoted to a drunk Irishman beating his wife
Which is quaint and reason enough to have a bar named after him

At least Dagwood was just a guy who really liked sandwiches

Pretty sure that Flo (Andy's wife) usually administered the beatings.

In Andy's defense, he did make some pretty tasty Hot Fries and also had his name associated with a cool music club on Carrollton Ave, but it ain't dere no mo'.

Yes, Blondie rocks. Joan Jett has some pretty catchy songs also. Don't forget about The Go Go's. I think the B52's were ahead of their time, completely original music. Tried to stay in the 80's female rock music genre.

I find myself appreciating her more as I get older....I especially really dig Chrissie Hynde....

Yes, Blondie rocks. Joan Jett has some pretty catchy songs also. Don't forget about The Go Go's. I think the B52's were ahead of their time, completely original music. Tried to stay in the 80's female rock music genre.

I crushed on Blondie when I was a young teen. Lol. And that song was one of my favorites back then. ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom