Blood type? (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am almost 40 and I have no freakin' clue what my blood type is. I can tell you my cholesterol numbers, blood pressure, etc. But I don't think I have ever been told my blood type. I also pulled my most recent physical blood work and another set of work I had done for life insurance. And the blood type is nowhere on there.

I even called my physician today and they don't know either.

Why is this? Is it simply that testing is so quick in the event of an emergency that medically, you don't really need to know anymore. So it's more just a convenience?

:shrug:

I am almost 40 and I have no freakin' clue what my blood type is. I can tell you my cholesterol numbers, blood pressure, etc. But I don't think I have ever been told my blood type. I also pulled my most recent physical blood work and another set of work I had done for life insurance. And the blood type is nowhere on there.

I even called my physician today and they don't know either.

Why is this? Is it simply that testing is so quick in the event of an emergency that medically, you don't really need to know anymore. So it's more just a convenience?

:shrug:

Easiest way to find out is give blood mate. Been donating for 30 years - all warm red sticky O positives!

Easiest way to find out is give blood mate. Been donating for 30 years - all warm red sticky O positives!

That's how I found out I was B+ years ago from the card the Blood Center mailed.

I give blood every chance I get at work, but I haven't received a card in years.

I too found out that way....A+

huh, just like the insurance carriers i represent ....coinkydink? Me thinks not.

:ezbill:

I found out when I joined the Marine Corps at 17 years old. I also had to have a tag on my flight vest if we got shot down or I was injured in combat. I'm AB+.

Here on SR we should make "Blood Type" one of the facts shown under a poster's avatar .

B +

The Blood Center called me the other day looking for my type of blood.....

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go. Besides, that ******* 16 gauge needle hurts.....:no:

I dont think I can give blood, I have the sickle cell trait.

typeonegative07.jpg

O Negative

$500.00 a pint...in case you hear "he's bleeding out and we don't have matching blood". Let me know, I'm willing to trade withyou now, in case you want to store some up.

Edit: SinGa...you messed up my selling pitch.LOL

O Negative

$500.00 a pint...in case you hear "he's bleeding out and we don't have matching blood". Let me know, I'm willing to trade withyou now, in case you want to store some up.

Edit: SinGa...you messed up my selling pitch.LOL

I'll sell mine for $499.99.:mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom