Bloomberg: Senator to Play Offense for Saints Against SEC Nominee (merged) (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How can a U.S. senator score easy points with home-state voters? Bring up football when others are talking about the minutiae of Wall Street regulation.

Senator David Vitter, a Louisiana Republican, plans to cross-examine Mary Jo White next week about her assessment of wrongdoing by New Orleans Saints players and coaches in the National Football League team’s “Bountygate” scandal. White, nominated by President Barack Obama to lead the Securities and Exchange Commission, was retained by the NFL in 2011 to review evidence that team paid players to injure opponents.

The probe resulted in the suspension of several key defensive players and coaches, including Saints head coach Sean Payton. The players suspensions were overturned last year on appeal. The Saints didn’t recover from the suspensions, finishing with a 7-9 win-loss record in 2012, one year after going 13-3. The team won Super Bowl XLIV in 2010.

“If Mary Jo’s work at the SEC is anything close to her botched work for the NFL, folks who want to protect their investments, like the victims of the Stanford Ponzi scheme, are in trouble,” Vitter said in a statement. The senator’s state is home to many Stanford investors.

Rest of Article

I'm not a Vitter fan, but I like where he's going with this. I felt the same way when she was nominated.

I actually like this! It was complete BS that everyone stood around and did nothing not even BENSON who got hit hard! But we the fans took it the worst because we watched our top Super Bowl contending team that we have come to know and love over the past six years just slowly slide into the depth of these punishments. Why didn't benson say something as to the validity? Why didn't we get any more evidence? When RG recused himself we all seem to hve just said whatever just let it happen! Well I don't know about the rest of you but I want answers! And I can't believe this hasn't happened already. Once vitter is done with white he needs to go to TAGS then straight to the devil himself RG I want answers as to why our team is different that others that openly admitted to having a pay or performance system?! Why was just OUR TEAM discriminated against?

We really need a Senator to filibuster Mary Jo White...

As Si would say ...Hey.... give us back the pick Jack, and we will simmer down.

We just can't let this BG crap die can we
Well let me put it to you like this:

I'm a single guy. I have no kids, no pets, not many friends and not really much of a life outside of work. The one thing I have in my life that has always been there for me, other than family, is the New Orleans Saints. No matter what is going on in my life, good or bad, the Saints are always there for me. The Saints are like family to me. When somebody does something wrong to my family, I don't forget very easily. I expect an apology AT THE VERY LEAST. I haven't gotten an apology from the NFL or Goodell. I cannot forgive them and I will not forget what they have done. Understand?

I will never cheer anything that Vitter does.

Greatest news segment ever.

David Vitter, staying hard at work. Make sure you get to the car part.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/88l3H0QyoZI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/88l3H0QyoZI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Well let me put it to you like this:

I'm a single guy. I have no kids, no pets, not many friends and not really much of a life outside of work. The one thing I have in my life that has always been there for me, other than family, is the New Orleans Saints. No matter what is going on in my life, good or bad, the Saints are always there for me. The Saints are like family to me. When somebody does something wrong to my family, I don't forget very easily. I expect an apology AT THE VERY LEAST. I haven't gotten an apology from the NFL or Goodell. I cannot forgive them and I will not forget what they have done. Understand?

Man, that is very sad. I had to read your words twice, and put the phone down before I wrecked. Look, Gary Owens is coming to Baton Rouge soon, there is a Louisiana crawfish festival here in the Aus/SA are in a month or so, and The Essence festival, Superdome, will take place on the 4th of July.

Get out, meet people, make some friends - Hell, you might meet Mrs. Right and start on some munchkins. You are too young to live a life that you just described.

Man, that is very sad. I had to read your words twice, and put the phone down before I wrecked. Look, Gary Owens is coming to Baton Rouge soon, there is a Louisiana crawfish festival here in the Aus/SA are in a month or so, and The Essence festival, Superdome, will take place on the 4th of July.

Get out, meet people, make some friends - Hell, you might meet Mrs. Right and start on some munchkins. You are too young to live a life that you just described.

I never said I wasn't happy. :) Friends come and go, but the Saints are always there. I live in Hawaii and I have my fair share of fun, but I still love the Saints and I still want justice for them in any way possible. Enjoy your festival. I think I will walk down to the beach soon and look at women.. But I still want justice for the Saints. Funny how I'm able to multi-task like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom