Blown head gasket repair on tractor. (1 Viewer)

krushing

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I stunk my L275 kubota and overheated it trying to get it out. Anyone ever use any liquid block sealer to repair a head gasket ? I figure its worth a try. I'd appreciate any suggestions or first hand experience. I hate to tear it all the way down if there is another way. I only use it a couple hours every other week or so.

I'm not a mechanic by any means but I have replaced a few head gaskets over the years. A head gasket IMO cannot be repaired by liquid block repair simply because they are 2 different things. A head gasket is made of a sponge type material while the block is made out of metal I doubt if the block repair would work on the head gasket. Just bite the bullet and do it. There is not that much to it.

I had a job to do so I bought the blue devil head gasket sealer from NAAPA. I followed the instructions to the letter. I was very careful to flush the radiator to remove all the antifreeze. After 5 minutes running with the blue devil it quit smoking and temp dropped to normal. I replaced it with antifreeze and ran it hard all day yesterday. It ran perfect. I tested the block with a tester before and after. Before the test kit tested positive for exhaust gas in radiator. After it had absolutely none. I don't know how long it will stay sealed but I am very happy now. The stuff did everything it claims. NAAPA says its about 90% successful with their customers.

Hey good, I thought you had cracked the block.

Ok. I said I would give updates. The problem came back and I tore it down and fixed it the " right way ". Those folks who said to tear or down were right. I tried.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom