BLS - you'll NEVER believe what happened!!!! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Ok, so RCS dropped his phone on Fri. and it stopped working. He works on Sat., so I went to Cingular to get it fixed for him. Picked up my friend, Lisa, then went to the Cingular on 1325. They don't have a service dept., so had to go to the one @ Parmer & I-35. Got done there, and there was this big HUGE tour bus in the parking lot. We were driving by it and these guys started coming out of the bus. Never gonna believe who it was!!! BLACK LABEL SOCIETY!!!!!!!!! NO S***!!!!!!!! So, I pull over to the guys and ask them if they're playing in town. They said they were playing at Austin Music Hall. So, I introduced myself and they asked if I was a fan........H*** YEAH!!!!!!!! Have been since the Mafia album, and always have been of Zakk. Anyway, by then I was blocking traffic so they asked me to pull over, so I did.

As we were chatting (chatting with BLS????? No Way! I'm thinking to myself), when none other than Zakk HIMSELF walked over and gave me some BLS guitar picks. I was so starstruck, all I could say was Thanks! (I wanted to run after him to talk to him, but I didn't want to be one of 'those' fans) Then they wrote down my name and we (RCS, Lisa, and I) ended up on the VIP list for the concert!!!!!!!! No backstage, but that's ok. I was astounded! REALLY nice guys! The concert rocked HARD and Zakk is a GUITAR GOD! (Thank you Suzie for coming with us! I know you had a great time, too!)

How do you meet BLS in person in a Cingular parking lot??? Must've done something good in my life to get an opportunity like that!

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Awsome story.

Zakk is really an awsome person. Wif and I met him and had drinks at a bar in Ca. He was doing the Pride and Glory thing back then. They played that night at the bar and was really down to earth and talked to anyone that walked up.

Awsome story.

Zakk is really an awsome person. Wif and I met him and had drinks at a bar in Ca. He was doing the Pride and Glory thing back then. They played that night at the bar and was really down to earth and talked to anyone that walked up.

Yes He is!!!!!! Who would've thought he'd be so nice to someone like me? They definitely have my respect (as if they didn't already!) :worthy:

I've been a Zakk fan since Pride and Glory and love BLS.
Have you heard the Iron Horse tribute album to Zakk? It's been in my stereo since I got it.

Zakks a good guy.He's had a couple of rough years though.Losing Dimebag(his best friend) and then the debacle with the 357 Customs scam,you hope that he won't get jaded and tired of the biz.He's easily one of the busiest guys in music,handling BLS and being in Ozzy's band.He deserves all of the success he's had.I've never heard anyone say that he was rude to a fan.Unlike alot of other so-called rock stars...

Zakks a good guy.He's had a couple of rough years though.Losing Dimebag(his best friend) and then the debacle with the 357 Customs scam,you hope that he won't get jaded and tired of the biz.He's easily one of the busiest guys in music,handling BLS and being in Ozzy's band.He deserves all of the success he's had.I've never heard anyone say that he was rude to a fan.Unlike alot of other so-called rock stars...

I've gotta agree with all of you here in respect to Zakk.

I met him outside the Orlando Arena in flroida back in '91 when he was doing the No More Tears tour with Faster *****cat and The Black Crowes.....he's definitely a great guy, and very down to earth. I approached him shortly after he got out of a van outside the Arena, and he was totally cool to talk with.

Definitely one of my most favorite guitar players.

still do....

Hey...just talked to Craig (drummer) today. Hadn't talked to him in a while and he just got back from six months of touring. Goind to South America and Europe next. I just decided to run a search on BLS and found this thread.

I've been lurking on the board for about 3 years now - and I told him about the board. We're both huge Saints fans.

I read on NOLA.com that Jeff Faine listens to BLS to get psyched before a game and I think I'm going to bring him some swag. I'm going to press Craig to get it to me.

Be cool.

Hey...just talked to Craig (drummer) today. Hadn't talked to him in a while and he just got back from six months of touring. Goind to South America and Europe next. I just decided to run a search on BLS and found this thread.

I've been lurking on the board for about 3 years now - and I told him about the board. We're both huge Saints fans.

I read on NOLA.com that Jeff Faine listens to BLS to get psyched before a game and I think I'm going to bring him some swag. I'm going to press Craig to get it to me.

Be cool.

Cool.

/12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom