Blue Angels (1 Viewer)

Shadeaux

dear shadeuzx Lord
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like a little kid , the Blue Angels have a show in Smyrna TN this weekend & my home is a mile from our airport. They seem to be out just "playing around" at the moment flying low around our neighborhood, scaring the crap out of my dogs . Haven't seen 'em since I was really young & I'm getting really excited now :ezbill:

I have a crappy olympusdigital with 3x zoom that is in dire need of replacing. I want to get one the digital slr cameras. I'm afraid it wouldn't do me any good to try to use the one I have now. I would have to push the button about 4-6 seconds before they get into the frame & just hope that I timed it correctly :(

I used to LOVE airshows. McDill AFB used to have quite a few. Have fun.

Yeah, I just hope the weather holds out... we're supposed to be getting into that mess starting tonite & tomorrow. Maybe it'll blow through by Saturday.

I love airshow time around here. Ellington is right up the road so I get several free previews right over my home whenever the demo teams come. Last year was the Snowbirds and the year before that was the Thunderbirds. It's great being able to sit out on the porch and pretty much watch entire practice runs with my kids.

Home of the Blue Angels is...Pensacola (Cradle of Naval Aviation). The best free show on earth. We get 2 shows each and every year. Mid-July beach show and Oct. homecoming (final show of the year). Also practice regularly at the base here.

Most memorable show was 1987. The first show after the lead solo pilot was decapitated in a mid-air crash during a show in Niagara Falls. Most moving and emotional show. The stunts with the 2 jets converging on each other were all done without the other jet in memoriam.

I love airshows and fortunately, I get to see the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds each and every year. (Thunderbirds) Langley Airforce Base and (Blue Angles) Oceana Naval Air Station.

That beach show the Blues do every July in Pensacola is great. It's like Mardi Gras in boats.

Growing up I live under the flight path to Sherman Field in Pensacola. I lived in Beach Haven for those who know the area. I saw the Blue Angels very often. In fact, several of the pilots lived just a few houses from me. Three of them were killed over Pennsylvania (I think) when they collided while flying F4s.

F4s were beautiful aircraft, and my personal favorite, but they were not well suited for flight demonstrations.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom