Blue Lives, hate crimes and resisting arrest (1 Viewer)

How about just don't assault a police officer? If you're innocent and you know it, then comply and you'll be cleared. Am I missing something? I think hate crime is steep, yes. But how do you otherwise put a stop to it?
Lots of people get charged with resisting and don't assault a police officer. That is why there is an issue with this new law.

How does anyone think this an appropriate response to the purported increase in cop shootings?

Like if you're already willing to shoot a cop, I am not sure slapping a "hate crime" charge is gonna stop you. :idunno:

I do think Obama could have done a better job shifting the blame onto insufficient police department funding and off of the officers themselves. BlackLivesMatter and BlueLivesMatter don't need to be mutually exclusive. Increasing police funding and training seems like a far better way of handling actual violence against officers. If anything this will only further tensions and increase acts of violence against police.

Also it's unsettling how many of these proposals I have seen on my Facebook feed a week or two earlier with captions like "lets get 1,000,000 shares on this if America is #1."

Are facebook "shares" and twitter "retweets" really how we get a voice in government these days? Cause I am not much of social media poster so I feel kinda disenfranchised.

Lots of people get charged with resisting and don't assault a police officer. That is why there is an issue with this new law.

People get charged with resisting even if they did not resist. As mentioned its the cop's word against yours if there is no video evidence.

In the case of the guy in the interview I posted, he did not do any of the things the police charged him with, but the resisting arrest charge was the most difficult to fight in court.

People get charged with resisting even if they did not resist. As mentioned its the cop's word against yours if there is no video evidence.

In the case of the guy in the interview I posted, he did not do any of the things the police charged him with, but the resisting arrest charge was the most difficult to fight in court.

Exactly. Even if it's proven that you are 100% completely undoubtedly innocent of whatever charge the officer was arresting you for, you can still be considered guilty of 'resisting arrest' for something as simple as the officer not liking your attitude or questioning why you are being detained if he/she feels like it.

Y'all ain't from around here are you?

Is that marijuana I smell?

Sorry, my body camera just cut out again. Could you reach your hand toward the glove box for me?

How about just don't assault a police officer? If you're innocent and you know it, then comply and you'll be cleared. Am I missing something? I think hate crime is steep, yes. But how do you otherwise put a stop to it?

You may as well just say "How about you never interact with a police officer in any way."
Because if he wants to charge you with resisting, he will. Simple as that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom