Blue Origin's launch. CONGRATS to Wally Funk! (1 Viewer)

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It was a straight up into space and down flight but it went imo perfectly. The booster landed as planned in the capsule floated down nearby great.

For those of you that don't know who Wally Funk is ahe is an 82 year old woman that went through the Mercury training 60 years ago and tested as well and in some cases better than any of the men did including Glenn and Shepherd. She has been trying to get back into the space program ever since and today finally got into space.

That was fun to watch... Went from ground level, to ~66mi up, back to ground in about ~10.5min.... Was doing over 2000mph for a bit. Amazing technology.

One helluva morning ride....by comparison, it took me ~40min to go ~20mi on my commute into work this morning and I probably only got up to 70mph (I was holding it back...haha)

9b9e64ec0a6f8a6ca3e611f79921fb14e3cd4ea9.jpg

If I understand it, the change essentially says that the flight needs to accomplish something for all mankind and not just be overly rich dudes spending cash to get the equivalent of a boy scout badge for super wealthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom