blueprint for defeating eagles: Limit turnovers, run the ball. (2 Viewers)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
the redskins swept the eagles last year and while rushing for over 300 yards and limiting their turnovers to zero in two contests.

the G-men ran for 219 yards rushing while holding the ball for 39:00mins but did have 1 int and 1 fumble that led directly to two eagles touchdowns.

both teams ran for over 150 yards in their wins at philly.

im pretty confident that the d will get after kolb but the offense must not help philly out by committing turnovers. ball security should be the team emphasis this week.

:gosaints:

But even though the Saints are running the ball better, this is still a pass first team (i.e. 6 td passes, 0 rushing tds against the lions).

I agree with the turnovers. But I think the key on offense will be the tall receivers (Colston, Meachem & Shockey) against the 5'10" defensive backs.

Like this past week (14 rushes and 5 passes in the 4th), how much we run will be predicated on what kind of lead we get.

Payton will play to score points early. That'll mean a good chunk of passing.

Game Plan

I beleive every game plan for the saints this year will be similar. Score as many points on offense as they can, and make the opposing teams get out of their game plan and try to catch up. When they trash their game plan (which is obviously to run the ball & keep drew and the offense off the field), they will start passing, from there you can increase your chances of receiving a turnover because you will then be able to pin your ears back and Blitz!!!! Who Dat

I think the big plays in the passing game will be there, but expect a lot of short passes, screens, and draws early on to slow down the blitz and open up the passing game.

blueprint for defeating eagles: Limit turnovers, run the ball.

Isnt that the blueprint for every game we play? IIRC, I think I remember hearing only one team won last week, Pittsburgh, who lost the TO battle. Giving teams extra possessions, especially EPs w/ a short field, is a definate recipe to lose most games.

I think the big plays in the passing game will be there, but expect a lot of short passes, screens, and draws early on to slow down the blitz and open up the passing game.

I agree. If they plan to blitz a lot the corners will have to bump the receivers at the line and Drew may have to dump the ball off to Reggie in the slot or backfield. May see a few screens also.

yeah, i think you've hit on something there. if you look at what the cardinals did to take advantage of the eagles aggressiveness with screens quick slants and how their bigger recievers outmuscled the eagles' smaller corners in short areas to create YAC then you've got a blueprint to what the drew and the saints will do on sunday.

except for my man macho harris starting at safety and jason babin who they are raving about i dont think that there will be much difference between their personnel between the NFCCG and sunday.

if captain kurt can exploit the eagles D for 4 tds with a his receivers and a modest running game then i think that we will do just fine.

Run. the. ball.

But for the Saints though its more appropriate to say "run the ball to run out the clock after putting half a C note on them by passing" :)

Isnt that the blueprint for every game we play? IIRC, I think I remember hearing only one team won last week, Pittsburgh, who lost the TO battle. Giving teams extra possessions, especially EPs w/ a short field, is a definate recipe to lose most games.

yep. its the age old axiom that never gets old.

there are hilarious exceptions like the time the titans beat the browns despite committing 7 turnovers but i only pointed this out to illustrate how dangerous this team can be (i.e. 14pts off giants turnovers) if you give them help.

even the redskins punchless offense managed to sweep them by rushing successfully. any turnovers could've cost them those games.

look at buffalo on monday. after loosing back-to-back weeks against winless tampa and arizona in 2004 even with mcnabb out we can't afford the turnovers of last week and the Special teams errors or we will get taken to task in philly.

Expect a lot of Colston, Shockey and Bush in short passes to start. Along with a healthy dose of Bell/PT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom