Bo Jackson says he would run 350+ on Saints (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's a **** waving contest.

There's no "stat" for toughness, but the old guys had it in spades. You clearly just don't get it. Maybe you're too young to have watched old NFL and new "CTE" NFL but there's a huge difference. Do not ever say they weren't great athletes. Just do not.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's a **** waving contest.

I'm not going to dignify a ridiculous ad hominem, SweetT. If you can't handle someone not idolizing an old player who didn't produce much in his career then that's your problem, not mine.
In the words of MT “you don’t know no better”

Last edited by a moderator:
Except that wasn't my argument. Did you not see the rest?

You're starting to get a bit...troll'ish.

The rest of your argument was about "toughness" which is completely irrelevant to the topic. I posted the YPG averages of the top three rushers in NFL history who were all Bo Jackson contemporaries. All three of them had better averages over much longer careers. And before you go with the "more touches" argument that isn't how averages work. Volume reduces averages, it doesn't increase them.

The rest of your argument was about "toughness" which is completely irrelevant to the topic. I posted the YPG averages of the top three rushers in NFL history who were all Bo Jackson contemporaries. All three of them had better averages over much longer careers. And before you go with the "more touches" argument that isn't how averages work. Volume reduces averages, it doesn't increase them.

Nobody here said he was a historical top rusher. The reason I said "you don't get it" is because you clearly and spectacularly are failing to get it.

It's 2020 and people are still talking about Bo Jackson even before he made this statement. When you ask yourself why the F that is, you may finally "get it".

Nobody here said he was a historical top rusher. The reason I said "you don't get it" is because you clearly and spectacularly are failing to get it.

It's 2020 and people are still talking about Bo Jackson even before he made this statement. When you ask yourself why the F that is, you may finally "get it".

That would be Pro Bowl and All Star game. He had some amazing highlights and some great commercials, but as far as his career went... if you blinked you missed it. The legend has far outpaced the reality.

There's your answer. I don't care what he "looked" like when he played. I don't care what highlights he had. His production wasn't impressive when he was on the field and he was never on the field for a full season. I don't care how much potential he had, it didn't translate to the field. He still only got 14-15 touches per game even when he played. Marcus Allen typically got 15-20. If you have this transcendental talent and athlete why is he playing second fiddle? Maybe because he's missing the first quarter of the season to play baseball, doesn't show up in football shape and isn't producing consistently like your number one guy does?

He probably would on this defense right now. We look pretty soft right now. They can fix it to be better but at the present time, this D looks like one of those D’s that gave up record yardage .

This year's defense is 4th in rushing yards allowed at 89.7 YPG. The top two teams are brick walls against the run (66YPG & 68.8YPG) so that #4 ranking is a little deceptive. And it isn't even because teams just aren't running against the Saints. Teams are averaging 28 rush attempts and 33 pass attempts against them, so pretty dang balanced. The Saints run defense has been top 5 the last few years, our secondary is just particularly awful despite being full of 1st-3rd round picks. You know, because potential and production are two different and unrelated things.

Not reading the whole thread (because I'm lazy), but our run D is actually pretty great despite the fact that teams average almost 30 rush attempts a game against us. Going for 150 against us would be a challenge for even the best RBs, much less 350.

Stats aren’t end all be all. Some of the most dominant defensive players lose out on stars due to double and triple teams or not getting thrown at.
Xeno seems to have 10 times the amount of posts on this subject, doesn’t mean he isn’t ignorant of how good Bo Jackson was and how much people feared facing him. He consistently got the best of the best defensive players in the game.

Last edited:
Averages rarely go up with more volume. They usually go down.

Coulda shoulda woulda. He didn't. I'm not going to discuss hypotheticals. What Bo Jackson actually did had him on pace to do nothing special.

You mean this one where he had two carries for 45 yards and no receptions?

Yes I said he could’ve. Why are you arguing this so hard? Are people in here saying Bo is the most productive Running Back ever? He was arguably the most talented football player ever and if he committed to it, no telling what he could’ve done. 5.2 yards a carry by someone off the street is remarkable. He was Tyreek Hill in Derrick Henry’s body.

I think if you wanted to start a new team and could pick an offensive player and defensive player at the start of their career....you take Lawrence Taylor on defense and Bo Jackson on offense.

There's your answer. I don't care what he "looked" like when he played. I don't care what highlights he had. His production wasn't impressive when he was on the field and he was never on the field for a full season. I don't care how much potential he had, it didn't translate to the field. He still only got 14-15 touches per game even when he played. Marcus Allen typically got 15-20. If you have this transcendental talent and athlete why is he playing second fiddle? Maybe because he's missing the first quarter of the season to play baseball, doesn't show up in football shape and isn't producing consistently like your number one guy does?
Man, how I have to come back to check you!!!
Bo was so good that he ate into Marcus Allen’s touches. Bo wasn’t “second fiddle” in 89 (Allen was injured) and 90. He could have been the clear #1 had he not divided his time to playing two sports😂. In 90, Bo beat Allen in rushing yards despite having 54 less carries and 5 less games. Show yourself the door man. What did Bo ever do to you?!?! If Bo was not all that (like you claim), then why would an organization allow him to play another sport, with the hopes that he even consider playing part time? He was THAT GOOD.
End/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom