Bo Pelini? DC??? (1 Viewer)

He was excellent as DC in his first stint at LSU and was a good HC at Nebraska, where he also had very good defenses. He hasn't been a great HC at Nebraska and Youngstown, just a good one, but all he has to do returning to LSU is coordinate the D. He's definitely capable. Apparently, O is good friends with him, and I think O likes Pelini's attacking style. I believe O thought Aranda's defense was too passive. Notice how we started doing more blitzing after the lackluster performance of the D in the first half of the season; I think that was an adjustment O told Aranda to make. I know a lot of people wanted the next young defensive whiz kid as DC, but I think O sees an opportunity for stability as well as quality with Bo. After making the right off-season moves a year ago, I am going to give O the benefit of the doubt on selecting Pelini.

I am afraid he is too old school for today's offense's

I am afraid he is too old school for today's offense's

Nah man. Pelini doesnt react to what offenses do....he attacks and disrupts. LSU has the secondary to cover anybody and Pelini is going to disrupt with his front 7 attacking

The biggest concern right now is having the personnel to run his scheme

Nah man. Pelini doesnt react to what offenses do....he attacks and disrupts. LSU has the secondary to cover anybody and Pelini is going to disrupt with his front 7 attacking

Indeed, I think it might take a couple of years to get the right mix of players for his style of defense, but, we have a ton of talent to work with as it is. I think the defense will be fine. Bigger questions will be with the offense imo.

LSU is short on LBs and heavy on DL, so personnel is lining up pretty good...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom