Board Games....... (1 Viewer)

have not played it, but a neighbor has a game going on. It's huge and complex and just learning it is daunting. I am not ready for it. They had a group going weekly, before this COVID thing, and they were probably 30-40 hours into it.

I'd like to play at some point, but it's way too intense for me right now.

I know that they were using all sorts of organizers and some addons or something to help organize everything. Seeing a picture like this kinda scares me a little lol

CIdpx9U.png
I was always in the periphery of big tabletop games - did an ok amount of D&D, but I was always in rehearsal in college so never got to do any huge games
But I LOVE walking into gaming/comic stores and seeing huge campaigns laid out an both typical and atypical players 100% invested in their thing

A somewhat similar game to UNO is Phase 10 which is fun, but can last a long time. Another game is Blokus. It's a puzzle game and the idea is to be able to get all of the game pieces on the board.

Of course, there are the usual games we all have loved to play over the years, Monopoly, Operation, Risk, Battleship, Settlers of Catan, and others.

Mousetrap! Is like my favorite game ever when I was younger. I figured that would be worth a mention. Have fun!

Blokus, Catan, and Mousetrap! are all great. I must have had 4 or 5 copies of Mousetrap! growing up, because it never seemed to work right. In retrospect, I guess that was by design.

But I LOVE walking into gaming/comic stores and seeing huge campaigns laid out an both typical and atypical players 100% invested in their thing

I knew I recognized you from somewhere

Watch ya mouth is a fun one. Beanboozled if any younger kids are there...they get a kick out of it.

Splendor and Wingspan are both good games to play with family and friends.
Some mechanics involved instead of just rolling dice, but still good introductionary games that young and old alike can enjoy.

Personally I enjoy Terraforming Mars, Great Western Trail and Brass: Lancashire, but those really are for players already familiar with more advanced board games.

Speaking of Splendor, which both wyrmer and I have recommended, there's a

GREAT DEAL!!!!!!

over at Humble Bundle. Seriously, it's a good deal.

One of the industry's best game manufacturers - asmodee - has released over 150 bucks worth of games for less than 1/10th of the price - it's a couple dozen games, though some are expansions of the core game.

These are computer versions of the board games and include great titles:

Smallworld
Carcassonne
Patchwork
Love Letter
Potion Explosion
Splendor
Mysterium
Scythe
Lord of the Rings card game

*ALL* of these games are consensus Top 100 games and some really good 2-player games.

You can try these out on the computer and see if you like them before investing more money in the actual board game. I might look into setting up an SR board game group with some of these games if there's any interest.

The deal is 16.50 CDN for all of the games - not sure what that is USD. But you can spend JUST $1.50 and get 6 of them.

Seriously, if anything in this thread has piqued your interest, this is worth at least checking out.

Keep in mind, they don't all work on MacOS - I am ordering two packs. One for my wife's Surface and one for my desktop, because they won't all be eligible for my Macbook.

Here's the link:

Twilight struggle that's included in the bundle is quite possibly the best two player game ever.

totally overlooked that one - never played it, but know it's reputation

thanks!

Should I rez this thread or start a new one.

Anyway, thought I would share some news of a board game project I am involved in. Seems to be enough board game fans on here that might find it interesting. We are about to reveal some details on a lot of popular content creator channels.

Attachments

• 2022 WSBG Reveal calendar.png
    2022 WSBG Reveal calendar.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 9
Hey does anyone know the guy who does the youtube videos Board Game Gumbo?

Is he a Saints fan.

Surprised no one has mentioned Sushi Go. It’s fun and easy for all teen + ages. Agree with Catan (though longer) and Phase 10.

We LOVE Cards Against Humanity but it’s adults only and, for that matter, only adults who you are really, really close to — it can get super offensive so you can only play it with people who you know and who know you and your -isms!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom