Board issue.... (1 Viewer)

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Thanks for your report everyone. We help Andrus manage the ad stack on SaintsReport. We have disabled the specific creative that I think is causing that issue with the post being transparent and covered by a creative. Please let us know in this thread if the problem persists.
The problem persists.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The issue with the particular kind of ad that tries to run as background that stays when you scroll makes the forum really hard to read at all. It was Ben and Jerry’s for a while and now it’s some watch add. I will try to take a photo. I don’t use as blocker to try and do my part here but if those can’t be disabled I may have to. They are just fine when they happen on an article page but they cause too much trouble on the forums home.
whoa, ben and jerry's? i only get the girl with the.. nevermind.

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
Dang I started another thread on SSF, not realizing that this thread was the same problem.

It’s still happening, and it’s still a disaster.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dang I started another thread on SSF, not realizing that this thread was the same problem.

It’s still happening, and it’s still a disaster.

You all have tried clearing your history and website data? The Ad tech said that she worked on it today and asked if it was still happening. Let's make sure that the ads aren't cached into your systems. I say that because I have been surfing SR on my iPhone in Safari this evening and haven't seen any of those ads.

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You all have tried clearing your history and website data? The Ad tech said that she worked on it today and asked if it was still happening. Let's make sure that the ads aren't cached into your systems. I say that because I have been surfing SR on my iPhone in Safari this evening and haven't seen any of those ads.
I tried that earlier and it’s still happening

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I tried that earlier and it’s still happening
I finally got one on my iPhone. I’m going to ask them to shut down mobile ads until they figure this out.

Edit:
Hi Andrus

Did you see the issue this afternoon? Or did you get any complaints?

Thanks
Yes.

I actually started surfing Saintsreport on my iphone tonight. It took a while but I finally got one of those insidious ads. Yeah! Very intrusive!

Do we have the ability to shut down mobile ads until this is figured out? If so, do it. This is bad for business.

-Andrus

They might not get to it until morning, but my feeling is, if you can't fix it, kill it until it is fixed.

Last edited:

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Definitely still happening
Even in this thread
tenor.gif

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I received the following from the AdOps team this morning...

Hi Andrus,

We've disabled all Networks on your site except Google Adx and OpenX. It will be easier to track the issue.
We will QA the discussion thread and will re-activate Networks one by one later in the week.

Do let me know if you notice anything wrong.
Thanks for your time

I am confident that they will get it figured out. They always do. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom