Board Meltdown … (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
You know how we see many people here make fun of other fan discussion boards when their team loses and they melt down and post a lot of “he big mad” threads about how their team, players, GM, owner and/or coaches are terrible and need to be fired and/or cut?

Yeah, about that …

Look guys, yeah it sucks. They lost. To what seems to be a very good team, with probably the best TE in the NFL right now making the big play at the end of the game. I was P'Oed, too. I had to go sit outside with the dog for a while and calm down.

But dang, look at some of these threads? It’s a really bad image. Sure, nothing wrong with being passionate about your team, but some of these are extreme.

You know how we see many people here make fun of other fan discussion boards when their team loses and they melt down and post a lot of “he big mad” threads about how their team, players, GM, owner and/or coaches are terrible and need to be fired and/or cut?

Yeah, about that …

Look guys, yeah it sucks. They lost. To what seems to be a very good team, with probably the best TE in the NFL right now making the big play at the end of the game. I was P'Oed, too. I had to go sit outside with the dog for a while and calm down.

But dang, look at some of these threads? It’s a really bad image. Sure, nothing wrong with being passionate about your team, but some of these are extreme.

You're right. But there are people who keep a lot of negativity bottled up and they really need to let it out. It's hard for them to do that with reckless abandon when the team is winning - they can only let out a little of it. So when there is a loss, they have to jump on that full throttle!

I know there is a lot of passion with this fan base. And this was one of the more frustrating losses, especially considering the opponent.

I’m just trying to focus on how well Drew played today. He shredded their “great” defense, didn’t he? I thought I kept reading that he was washed up or something?

For me it’s about the way we lose against good teams in big games like this. I mean I had nothing to say w/ the loss to ATL or the Rams b/c we flat out lost those (different reasons but we still lost) plus I did think we would be here b/c we have a good TEAM and Payton coached differently. Brees comes back and the coaching is back to being a bit of a quagmire. The same things (mistakes) repeat themselves and not this year, for years w/ Payton (as head coach) like not running the football more and/or poor clock management and/or your Defense can’t hold a team from scoring w/ just a few secs on the clock. The issue is this isn’t new. This is old going back to 2011, 2013 and what gets me frustrated is it’s not fixed yet. This is also a factor into why we haven’t won another SB as well.

Payton can fix these things but they have to be fixed to win everything.

I don’t know how y’all handle a loss, but it derails my week. It ruins my workout routine, makes me hate anyone in sight, and worst of all I get erectile dysfunction. You know why, cause the only thing in my head is the field goal going through the uprights or the play that cost them the game. I was raised on Saints football. It’s such a painful disease.

Only speaking for myself here:
-it’s beyond comical when defenders get to our receivers “early”, grab an arm, but no call. We throw the ball just as much as anyone, yet we don’t draw PI penalties.
-we generate an a massive amount of pressure, yet rarely draw any holding calls.
-and for some odd reason, why do we get penalized way more than any other team, when we stop our opponents on first downs?

look, I watch a lot of football. I literally look at every game from the angle of “would they have called that on us”? That’s what it has come to. I was never big on the blame it on officiating, but after the NFCCG, it’s clear and evident of what’s going on. It reeks of horse **** and we are stepping in it.
All I ask for is a fairly called game down the middle. I don’t even need to compare calls from different games. Just give us the same treatment as the opponents we are playing. I don’t think I’m asking too much with that.
And if we must go by the “it can be called either way”, why wasn’t there no flag for running into Morestead? I’m not even looking for the roughing type penalty, we couldn’t even get a running into the kicker. Damn, that is literally the easiest call to make.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom