Board Meltdown … (1 Viewer)

People should definitely realize it was a great game against a very very good team. What sucks for most of us, though, is that we keep re-opening the same wounds by doing *almost* enough to win these big games but failing at the last second (SanFran '11, Vikings '17) or having incredibly questionable penalties (CGM "targeting" penalty that extended a drive, the obvious hold on the fake punt, etc.) alter the course of the game. I can't blame people for getting frustrated.

That said, I knew it was going to be an absolute dogfight because San Fran wasn't going to lose 2 in a row easily. It was a great game, we're still fine from a playoff perspective, and I think we beat them in the playoffs if given the opportunity. WhoDat!?!?

I don’t know how y’all handle a loss, but it derails my week. It ruins my workout routine, makes me hate anyone in sight, and worst of all I get erectile dysfunction. You know why, cause the only thing in my head is the field goal going through the uprights or the play that cost them the game. I was raised on Saints football. It’s such a painful disease.

I was that way too. For many years. I’m very sad about it now, one of the things I wish I could change. I would let it get to me all week too, and took it out on all around me. Miserable and time and mistakes I can’t get back now.

You know how we see many people here make fun of other fan discussion boards when their team loses and they melt down and post a lot of “he big mad” threads about how their team, players, GM, owner and/or coaches are terrible and need to be fired and/or cut?

Yeah, about that …

Look guys, yeah it sucks. They lost. To what seems to be a very good team, with probably the best TE in the NFL right now making the big play at the end of the game. I was P'Oed, too. I had to go sit outside with the dog for a while and calm down.

But dang, look at some of these threads? It’s a really bad image. Sure, nothing wrong with being passionate about your team, but some of these are extreme.
I’m not saying every thread is good or bad but why do some of our fans have to tell others how to think.

Nothing changed much for me yesterday. The 2 best teams in the NFL, are still the 2 best teams in the NFL. We are in a group of 3-5 teams that can beat those teams if they play their A game and have a few bounces go their way. That didnt change yesterday. We were 39 seconds and 4th and 2 away from doing it.

I’m not saying every thread is good or bad but why do some of our fans have to tell others how to think.
Yeah, people handle things in different ways and should probably be a little more understanding towards people who don't respond in exactly the same way.

I'm not telling anyone how to think. I was just commenting on the perception of how we typically react to other fanbases as compared to how this board reacts. Pot meet kettle kind of thing. I didn't call anyone out on this. Ya'll can do what you want, when you want and how you want. I don't give a crap. Sorry I upset you. Have a great day.
View attachment lesmiles.mp4

Definitely some over-reactions. This was a very important game, and we all knew it was going to end up being one of the most difficult ones of the season. It sucked to lose it, but at least we're guaranteed a playoff spot this year. At the beginning of the season when Drew got hurt, that's all anyone could have asked for. As bummed as I am that we didn't get the W, I am glad to see that we can go blow for blow with one of the top super bowl contenders in the NFC this year. When this team plays well on both sides, that's when we'll be unbeatable. Time to forget it and refocus.

Actually, we are still less than 24 hours post-loss and I have to say in my opinion SR appears to be handling this loss better than usual. I think we've improved our coping skills over the last 3 seasons!
I usually refuse to even participate on the SSF until at least Tuesday because it's so over-reactionary that you'd think someone just murdered multiple OP's families.

Today is one of the most collected and rational Mondays after a loss I've ever witnessed. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

I usually refuse to even participate on the SSF until at least Tuesday because it's so over-reactionary that you'd think someone just murdered multiple OP's families.

Today is one of the most collected and rational Mondays after a loss I've ever witnessed. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

I'm the same way about waiting a few days after a loss before visiting/posting but I was thinking the same thing today. It's been the most hospitable Monday post-loss I can recall also.

One thing I've learned is to never comment during games on Facebook unless something truly exceptional happens. Way too easy to look dumb 5 minutes later.

I'm the same way about waiting a few days after a loss before visiting/posting but I was thinking the same thing today. It's been the most hospitable Monday post-loss I can recall also.

Got to love these threads.

No one's calling for anybody to be fired. So how you characterize the responses about the game as a meltdown is ridiculous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom