Bob Barker retiring after 50 years on TV (1 Viewer)

I just came here to say that I’m a little surprised that BB is still alive and kicking 15 yrs later... But, and I’m not trying to be morbid- but i’m stating for the record that i will be surprised if he makes it through 2021.. Even though i think BB is awesome, i think that he and my other favorite Bob (Newhart) have seen better days. :rustonmad:

I just came here to say that I’m a little surprised that BB is still alive and kicking 15 yrs later... But, and I’m not trying to be morbid- but i’m stating for the record that i will be surprised if he makes it through 2021.. Even though i think BB is awesome, i think that he and my other favorite Bob (Newhart) have seen better days. :rustonmad:
Ive been bummed ever since Barker hung up his Mic. Barker has more charisma in one pinky than Drew Carey has in his whole body.

Finally Barker was just excellent at keeping you glued to the set. He was very suspenseful whenever he would ask a contestant are you sure thats the right price. Or i also loved in Yodeling pricing game

Ive been bummed ever since Barker hung up his Mic. Barker has more charisma in one pinky than Drew Carey has in his whole body.

Finally Barker was just excellent at keeping you glued to the set. He was very suspenseful whenever he would ask a contestant are you sure thats the right price. Or i also loved in Yodeling pricing game

When i lived in SoCal i worked a few times at CBS Television City, which is the legendary studio where shows like All in the Family, the Jeffersons, Good Times, Ed Sullivan (when in CA), Three’s Comapny and a million others were filmed.. whenever i had a break, I’d wander around the facility.. once i walked onto the TPIR set, and it was exactly like you see it on the teevee- with the Showcase Showdown podiums, ”the wheel”, and everything else- except the audience bleachers are much, MUCH smaller than they look on television... anyway, i happened to glance down and there it was- Bob Barker’s microphone! I went over, picked i up, and you’d better believe i said “Come on Down!” (Even though i think it was Rod Roddy who actually said that).. it was one of those only in L.A. moments, and it was totally worth it even though my friends gave me a hard time when i said i “got to hold Bob Barker’s microphone.” :mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom