Bobby Dunbar mystery (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This picture was posted in the Random Picture Thread. After reading up on it, I thought it made for an interesting discussion
Long story short:
in 1912, a family goes to Opelousas (from Poplarville, Ms) camping at Swayze Lake, 4 year old son goes missing.
8 months later, someone reports that they saw a child resembling the missing child. They arrest the guy (and later convicted) for kidnapping. He says it's the son of one of his workers who left him to his custody. The mother even testified (although at first she could not pick her son out of a line-up). 100 years later the granddaughter decides to do her own investigation and finds out her grandfather was not Bobby Dunbar, but really Bruce Anderson (Via DNA test).
There are a lot of weird coincidences and messed up situations surrounding this whole thing.
My biggest issue is, how could a mother not know that was't her child? I could understand if he was an infant or a toddler, but a 5 year old????
William Walters. Kidnapping in the state of Louisiana was a capital offense. Upon his arrest, Walters claimed the child was his brother and a servant’s illegitimate son. The mother of the boy in question, according to Walters, was Julia Anderson. He said she had given him permission to take the boy with him on his travels.

Thoughts? Figured it would be a little more interesting since it has Louisiana ties.

A mother would take any replacement son if perhaps she knew what really happened to her own son and it wasn't good. Might have been a blessing in disguise that protected another family member from a crime. You can't be a murderer if the person never really died, afterall.

A mother would take any replacement son if perhaps she knew what really happened to her own son and it wasn't good. Might have been a blessing in disguise that protected another family member from a crime. You can't be a murderer if the person never really died, afterall.
That scenario certainly would explain some things.

I was thinking more of being delusional, then not being able to admit it later, but yall's scenario makes much more sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom