Bobby Hebert: Michael Thomas Should Be at OTAs (1 Viewer)

I'm confused. How'd he prove you wrong? Am I not reading this correctly?

It's only hard if you think he was faking injuries, the current one resulting in screws put in his foot. He's legit been injured. Battled back to have a dominant game against the Falcons only to get injured again.

You can say you think his body his shot, sure, that's a valid opinion given his history. What the last 2 years don't show is a guy who isn't 100% focused on getting better. All the real analysts covering the team don't question his desire. The GM and coach don't question his determination and focus (see my post above). They're both on the record saying he's working hard. Say his body won't hold up, that may be true. But it's obvious the guy is battling to get back to where he was. Hebert excluded. Smh, we deserve so much better.

Dang dude. A 3 paragraph rant? We have different opinions, that's all.
You didn’t realize in today’s world that isn’t tolerated????? How dare you have your own take!!!!

You’re even more wrong for having the audacity to post your opinion about team related things here, on said team’s message board.

Do better. 😂😂😂

Kidding of course, about the second part. Sadly the first is pretty spot on.

Every summer liveinDC comes in and trashes Hebert the player. Did Hebert make game-killing mistakes in the three playoff games? Absolutely. But he was not alone.

Regardless, he was the best QB the Saints had in their history at the time when it came to the regular season. He led the Saints to their first winning season, first playoff game and if I recall, division title. He played in the later era of the Montana-Rice-49ers. If you are trashing Hebert the QB, then as far as I am concerned, you are equally trashing Dalton Hilliard, Eric Martin, Lonzell Hill, Buford Jordan, Barry Word, Mel Gray, Jim Dombrowski, Brad Edelman, Joel Hilgenberg, and Steve Korte, and the rest. For the first time as fans, and certainly with the defense, Hebert and his skill mates made fantastic plays all season long and won. It was alot of fun.

They all - DOME PATROL DEFENSE INCLUDED - fell apart in the playoffs. Mora and Carl Smith played their conservative style, and they got outcoached in every playoff game. (Though in the 1990 game, they got screwed by a bad call that took a special teams TD off the board in a low scoring game. Hebert was a holdout that year). One can hate Hebert the Falcon, Hebert the Holdout, and Hebert the radio man, but take the hate of Hebert the QB to the dump.

Now, about this thread. Derrick wrote a column for his site, then posted this thread, teasing his site article. What Derrick did not do is tell us anything that Hebert said in that video he posted on his site. Derrick, what did Hebert say about Michael Thomas in the video?

Last edited:
Every summer liveinDC comes in and trashes Hebert the player. Did Hebert make game-killing mistakes in the three playoff games? Absolutely. But he was not alone.

Regardless, he was the best QB the Saints had in their history at the time when it came to the regular season. He led the Saints to their first winning season, first playoff game and if I recall, division title. He played in the later era of the Montana-Rice-49ers. If you are trashing Hebert the QB, then as far as I am concerned, you are equally trashing Dalton Hilliard, Eric Martin, Lonzell Hill, Buford Jordan, Barry Word, Mel Gray, Jim Dombrowski, Brad Edelman, Joel Hilgenberg, and Steve Korte, and the rest. For the first time as fans, and certainly with the defense, Hebert and his skill mates made fantastic plays all season long and won. It was alot of fun.

They all - DOME PATROL DEFENSE INCLUDED - fell apart in the playoffs. Mora and Carl Smith played their conservative style, and they got outcoached in every playoff game. (Though in the 1990 game, they got screwed by a bad call that took a special teams TD off the board in a low scoring game. Hebert was a holdout that year). One can hate Hebert the Falcon, Hebert the Holdout, and Hebert the radio man, but take the hate of Hebert the QB to the dump.

Now, about this thread. Derrick wrote a column for his site, then posted this thread, teasing his site article. What Derrick did not do is tell us anything that Hebert said in that video he posted on his site. Derrick, what did Hebert say about Michael Thomas in the video?
Exactly.

That's what the video is for.

No, that's the journalist's job. I aint got time to be clickin videos. You got a lot of people reacting off your teaser headline only.

I'm old school. Every morning I walk out to my front lawn to pick up the newspaper even though one hasn't come in at least a decade.

No, that's the journalist's job. I aint got time to be clickin videos. You got a lot of people reacting off your teaser headline only.

I'm old school. Every morning I walk out to my front lawn to pick up the newspaper even though one hasn't come in at least a decade.
Oh well. Lol

You didn’t realize in today’s world that isn’t tolerated????? How dare you have your own take!!!!

You’re even more wrong for having the audacity to post your opinion about team related things here, on said team’s message board.

Do better. 😂😂😂

Kidding of course, about the second part. Sadly the first is pretty spot on.

I didn't say anything about his take, I just thoroughly substantiated mine. I know unsupported opinions pass as discourse in today's political climate but I like back up my opinions with why I stated it. Instead of just saying Hebert doesn't deserve his job or credit he gets, I tell you why I feel that way. I could try it though if yall want...

Hebert was mediocre. Just because he was better than the other QBs since Manning doesn't mean he deserves praise.

I agree with livefromDC about Hebert, the "journalist", and any claims that Thomas should be at OTAs. Anybody who does think Thomas should be there for whatever reason, I hope you keep that same energy for Hill and the other players who are absent.

But I agree with you about Hebert the player. He was solid in the context of the era. I think it's really interesting to go back and reconsider stats compared to the way the game has evolved. Mostly Mora's team were held back by offensive strategy and failing to show up in the playoffs - that's on coaching.

I agree with livefromDC about Hebert, the "journalist", and any claims that Thomas should be at OTAs. Anybody who does think Thomas should be there for whatever reason, I hope you keep that same energy for Hill and the other players who are absent.

But I agree with you about Hebert the player. He was a solid in the context of the era. I think it's really interesting to go back and reconsider stats compared to the way the game has evolved. Mostly Mora's team were held back by offensive strategy and failing to show up in the playoffs - that's on coaching.
But did Hill and other players miss most of the last 3 seasons while making about 60 million?
I'm not going to get bent out of shape because Thomas isn't here. But I get where someone could say it might be beneficial to the team and younger players to be here for a couple of days.

I just can't believe this is an actual discussion. Bobby is going to Bobby like he always does, but we're actually entertaining his nonsense now?

There are a lot of players missing. Mike is recovering from a foot injury and just had hardware removed from his foot like 3 weeks ago. He doesn't need to be here. He's not a team captain, he's not new to our system. He needs to stay on track with his rehab and focus on getting healthy for camp. Literally nothing else.

Like another poster said, where's the same energy for guys like Hill, Lattimore, Kamara, etc.? It's just nonsense. Let it go.

I'm confused. How'd he prove you wrong? Am I not reading this correctly?
I didn’t think he would be 100% ready for training camp.

I think at the time he was training alone, lack of contact with his employers and DA didn’t know the status of his injuries, since surgery was later in offseason.

But once the lights came on, CGM destroyed Atlanta in the opener.

I never thought he was faking his injuries.

But did Hill and other players miss most of the last 3 seasons while making about 60 million?
I'm not going to get bent out of shape because Thomas isn't here. But I get where someone could say it might be beneficial to the team and younger players to be here for a couple of days.

I think that’s an arbitrary standard. What benefit is missed by not having Thomas on the sidelines as a non-participant in OTAs?

If he’s off somewhere not doing what he needs to do to get ready for the season, that’s a problem. I don’t have any reason to think that’s the case.

The last thing MT needs to do is attend OTAs. With him the focus has to be on getting ready for the season. Let him heal from whatever his current ailment is and get ready for the Titans in the opener.

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that a healthy MT is the one guy that can put this offense over the top. When I think about our weapons on offense I don't really factor him in. My expectations aren't low, they're nonexistent. The odds that he'll play a complete season healthy are slim to none. But if he does...good god. There just aren't enough defenders to account for all of the weapons the Saints could trot out on any given play.
Why not rehab at the Saints' facility? He doesn't have to run around with the team, but he is an expert at WR, and he should be able to give pointers to the receivers. It is also a perception issue. He has probably had terrible luck, but just being with the team and helping however he can would set a good example, which is what leaders do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom