Bobby Hebert: Payton Turner's injury was his own fault. (1 Viewer)

You know… I’m watching that play where Payton Turner makes a great hit and stuff for the 4th down stop, and I’m actually thinking “maybe I was too harsh on this dude… maybe he’s turning the corner”

…then they come back from commercial and he’s on a cart headed to the locker room. His availability is his worst ability.
He got landed on by an OL. But apparently his ankle is manly enough to injure that same OL.

I don’t hate him, but really dislike him due to his sheer drunken arrogance. Wasn’t a big fan when he helped waste the Dome Patrol years, but that’s not all on him. Could care less if he played for the Falcons as they deserved each other.

Now it’s just the “I know what I know” crap and the constant stammering, cutting people off, and just being a rude price. Garic isn’t any better. I tune in for Deuce mainly.

Founding Father of the Who Dat Nation my arse.

It wasn't Turner's fault at all. It was the player who knocked the ball out of the players hand as he was down and prone on the ground. That made some saints players act like it was a loose ball that caused all the after play damage. There was no need for knocking the ball out and causing the dangerous situation. I didn't rewatch the play or replay it, but that is what I saw live. Not Turner's fault.

I get that he's a drunk and not a great broadcaster, but it's funny that folks can't get their story straight on why they hate him as a player.

Do we hate him because he sucked for us, or do we hate him because he beat us after the Saints let him go for sucking?

Y'all act like he was some mole for the Falcons who intentionally tanked their rival in playoffs so he could eventually fall out of favor and go play for them.

He was a mediocre QB who was absolutely terrible in playoffs games. He also played for the Saints biggest rival and reveled in it. He also enjoys access to the team and airway time that could greatly benefit fans if his job was in the hands of someone that was deserving or at the very least even the least bit competent.

He can be hated for more than one reason. LOL, this guy.

He was a mediocre QB who was absolutely terrible in playoffs games. He also played for the Saints biggest rival and reveled in it. He also enjoys access to the team and airway time that could greatly benefit fans if his job was in the hands of someone that was deserving or at the very least even the least bit competent.

He can be hated for more than one reason. LOL, this guy.
He was better than mediocre. Playing 15 years with a USFL title, and starting for 2 NFL teams for multiple years is a career far better than anyone here and most QBs that enter the NFL. He was tough as nails and could take a hit/stay in the pocket better than any QB in Saints history.

Not his fault he wanted to get paid, that's on Finks and cost the Dome Patrol more chances with the likes of Fourcade, Steve Walsh (horrible trade), Steve Buck at QB.

He was better than mediocre. Playing 15 years with a USFL title, and starting for 2 NFL teams for multiple years is a career far better than anyone here and most QBs that enter the NFL. He was tough as nails and could take a hit/stay in the pocket better than any QB in Saints history.

Not his fault he wanted to get paid, that's on Finks and cost the Dome Patrol more chances with the likes of Fourcade, Steve Walsh (horrible trade), Steve Buck at QB.
I concur profusely. He brought pride to the organization for the first time having winning seasons. He was totally dominant over AFC teams he played against. His winning record against them was outstanding.

Mike Buck, And then the Billy Joes

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t know if he was getting up to celebrate. But I was thinking, don’t these players know not to get up immediately. And if it’s normal protocol to wait until the play has ended. Then he did hurt himself. I’m sure he knows he hurt himself. (I repeat, if it’s protocol to wait). Otherwise, terrible news, and it sucks because he was turning the corner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom