Bobby Hebert talking about Doug Pederson from Monroe, LA possibly coaching the Saints | Page 4 | New Orleans Saints - SaintsReport.com

Bobby Hebert talking about Doug Pederson from Monroe, LA possibly coaching the Saints (1 Viewer)

Currently reading:
Bobby Hebert talking about Doug Pederson from Monroe, LA possibly coaching the Saints (1 Viewer)

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I heard mike and Bobby talking about this on the way home yesterday. Bobby asked mike if he would hire Pederson and mike said no. Now who they talked about a lot about being in high regards to the Saints and would be a excellent hire was Aaron Glenn.
Did Aaron Glenn serve under Dennis Allen? If so, the reversal of status would seem to be awkward.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like for Pederson to come to the saints staff, but not as head coach. If he has the humility to work under Pete Carmichael, he would be a great addition to an offensive staff that will need a lot of help rebuilding the offense.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Philly fans aren't impressed by much. Man got them a superbowl then ran out of town about 2 years later. My wife wants to take me to a road game this year and she mentioned Philly. I said hell no.
From what i heard about people who have lived in Philly i wouldn't want to go there either.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He won a Superbowl with his backup, learned under Reid, and you question his offensive ability. I doubt he would keep Pete but Loomis can make the coach keep the same defensive staff.

That would be bad. I mean, I like DA and the rest of the defensive staff, but the HC has to be allowed to pick his coordinators. These dudes have to work together every day in high pressure situations. There has to be a high level of trust and respect among the staff and if a guy is forced on a HC, that is not going to exist. I think if Pederson or any other offensive coach got the job they would certainly consider Allen, Nielson, and Richard for the DC job, but it should not be forced on them. Same thing if a defensive HC is hired. They, including Allen, should get to decide who their OC and DC will be.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the Glenn buzz comes from as the secondary seemed better this year under KR.

I didn't pay much attention to them, but Glenn apparently did a good job as the DC in Detriot and he is seen as a guy with HC skills. I agree that Richard seemed to do a better job with the secondary, but maybe Glenn has skills we didn't get to see when he was just the DB coach?

Edit: Okay so I just read the below article on Aaron Glenn and it says: "The Lions finished 29th in total defense, ranking 28th against the run and 24th against the pass." That is clearly not very impressive so I'm not sure why he is getting buzz or an interview. I guess he was well liked by the front office when he was here?

Last edited:

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
We could do a lot worse than Doug Pederson... I mean, regardless of your take on the guy... He is a pretty recent SB winning - Offensive minded HC.

I think he'd be more than fine here as long as we keep some level of continuity with our Coordinators and Assistants... so that this team (which has a lot of talented players) doesn't have to start from square One.

Reaction score
It seems like the Eagles fired him because the owners were toxic. Not because of his coaching performance. He won a superbowl as well.

The question is, is he smart? Creative? Will he keep Dennis and Pete on staff? Can he coach up a quarterback? Does he tailor offenses to his players' skills?
I don't know if the Eagles ownership was toxic or not, but other than the SB year (that many attribute as much or more to Reich as they do Pederson), he produced average results in a bad division. After the SB, he went 9-7 in consecutive years in an NFCE that has been bad for years now. And then he went 4-11-1 and got canned.

So how good is he as a HC? If that's who the Saints hire, I'll get behind him and support him and hope for the best. But this is a guy who went 29-34-1 in one of the worst divisions in the NFL (likely the worst), outside of his SB year. I'd prefer that the Saints look elsewhere, but I don't get the big bucks to make those decisions. Lol!

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I would like for Pederson to come to the saints staff, but not as head coach. If he has the humility to work under Pete Carmichael, he would be a great addition to an offensive staff that will need a lot of help rebuilding the offense.
Why would he do that as a former Super Bowl-winning coach?

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
Sure hope that Pederson gets an interview. I've always felt that Lurie is a meddlesome owner and Howie Roseman is an arse clown. This summary of Pederson's tenure seems to support that, and it's easy to see how things could spiral given the personnel decisions that were made beyond Pederson's control:

Pederson has had a year off to recharge and recalibrate and he seems fresh and eager to get back to work:

DP isn't CSP, and nobody ever will be for Saints fans, but he has proven offensive pedigree and helped get the most out of Carson Wentz AND Nick Foles. He has legit skins on the wall, and LA ties. You always let your HC choose his staff, but he's a guy that could potentially keep key pieces of the staff in place. I don't know...he just seems like the kind of guy who could be primed for a tremendous rebound.

Aaron Glenn?? GTFOH with that $***...

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sure hope that Pederson gets an interview. I've always felt that Lurie is a meddlesome owner and Howie Roseman is an arse clown. This summary of Pederson's tenure seems to support that, and it's easy to see how things could spiral given the personnel decisions that were made beyond Pederson's control:

Pederson has had a year off to recharge and recalibrate and he seems fresh and eager to get back to work:

DP isn't CSP, and nobody ever will be for Saints fans, but he has proven offensive pedigree and helped get the most out of Carson Wentz AND Nick Foles. He has legit skins on the wall, and LA ties. You always let your HC choose his staff, but he's a guy that could potentially keep key pieces of the staff in place. I don't know...he just seems like the kind of guy who could be primed for a tremendous rebound.

Aaron Glenn?? GTFOH with that $***...

I could get behind Pederson but I don't think they've scheduled an interview with him. It feels like it will be Allen and I don't find that appealing at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines