Bobby Hebert talking about Doug Pederson from Monroe, LA possibly coaching the Saints (1 Viewer)

Live in Philadelphia, he got screwed by ownership, but I don't disagree with this take. He was a flash--that team was really solid but it's easy to win the NFCE, you have 4 auto wins, and if the Minnesota debacle doesn't happen, we probably win the NFCCG. He was creative, but never really impressed, though he got Philly a parade.
Philly fans aren't impressed by much. Man got them a superbowl then ran out of town about 2 years later. My wife wants to take me to a road game this year and she mentioned Philly. I said hell no.

It seems like the Eagles fired him because the owners were toxic. Not because of his coaching performance. He won a superbowl as well.

The question is, is he smart? Creative? Will he keep Dennis and Pete on staff? Can he coach up a quarterback? Does he tailor offenses to his players' skills?

It seems like the Eagles fired him because the owners were toxic. Not because of his coaching performance. He won a superbowl as well.

The question is, is he smart? Creative? Will he keep Dennis and Pete on staff? Can he coach up a quarterback? Does he tailor offenses to his players' skills?
Since he was a quarterback himself, like Payton once was, I'm sure he can coach up a quarterback. The answer to all your questions is yes except one, will he keep Pete and Dennis on his staff? That's to be determined if he's hired.

They're talking about it right now on WWL. Pederson lives in Monroe and Bobby says Payton respects Pederson but Kristian asked would Doug accept retaining most of the current coaching staff in place? What do y'all think of Pederson being the next coach?
this Kristian guy is a moron

Why does he have to keep coaches from the old regime? It's his team now if hired he should being his guys along with him, if he chooses to keep DA that should be a choice, guys should not be package deals if so why hire Peterson, just hire DA if he's that important.

Funny people wanted him fired, now he's the sentimental favorite to be HC.

DA is the shirt the girlfriend holds onto to remember her boyfriend because she can still smell his cologne.

Why does he have to keep coaches from the old regime? It's his team now if hired he should being his guys along with him, if he chooses to keep DA that should be a choice, guys should not be package deals if so why hire Peterson, just hire DA if he's that important.

Funny people wanted him fired, now he's the sentimental favorite to be HC.

DA is the shirt the girlfriend holds onto to remember her boyfriend because she can still smell his cologne.
But DA knows this defense and how to utilize them. We have an awesome defense

Would be kind of a weird coincidence. A SB winning head coach taking time off, replacing a SB winning head coach needing some time off... My initial reaction was promote DA, but this has me thinking a little bit. Hmmm...

Whoever they decide to go with as HC, it has to be someone who can attract talent. People wanted to play for Payton and with Brees. Now that they’re gone, what will attract the elite free agents? I’m not sure DA has enough of a resume for that, does Pederson?

Whoever they decide to go with as HC, it has to be someone who can attract talent. People wanted to play for Payton and with Brees. Now that they’re gone, what will attract the elite free agents? I’m not sure DA has enough of a resume for that, does Pederson?
It will take winning, especially with a good QB and decent coach. It's usually the QB talent that attracts players. Every free agent wants to play in Buffalo with Josh Allen after last sunday. Josh Allen is definitely a Hall of Famer if he keeps it up, and will win rings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom