Bobby Hebert (1 Viewer)

BAD MOUTHED????? Are you referring to the same Saints that wouldn't pay him what he was worth??? Don't judge the dude solely on his rhetoric, but what the other side did also. Go ask Archie Manning how he felt when the Saints kicked him to the curb to Minnesota. It wasn't pretty. Like Paul Harvey used to say, GO HEAR THE REST OF THE STORY... GOOD DAY!!!

LOL. Paid him what he's worth! Bobby squandered one of the best defenses in Saints history with his incompetence. He was a barely average QB and is a terrible radio host. Every time he's on air, it means Saints fans are robbed of good commentary if someone who was competent actually had that job. Instead, since you personally like the guy, you're okay with him being bad at his job. He is effectively robbing fans of a better listening experience, better team information, actual player interviews.

Anyone remember when Jimmy the Greek went to to cajun country?

Great to see young cannon, and really great to again see the moment where Van Jakes had both arms raised in the air celebrating the goal-line stand that gave the Saints their first winning season.

Bobby squandered one of the best defenses in Saints history with his incompetence. He was a barely average QB and is a terrible radio host.

We go through this idiotic debate every offseason. Blame Mora and especially Carl Smith. Bobby had alot of awesome regular season games with Dalton Hilliard and Eric Martin, and was absolutely a key factor in getting the Saints their first winning season, division title, and to the playoffs. He did have epic meltdowns in the playoff games. But Pat Swilling jumping offsides late killed the Saints chances of winning the playoff game against the Falcons.

We go through this idiotic debate every offseason. Blame Mora and especially Carl Smith. Bobby had alot of awesome regular season games with Dalton Hilliard and Eric Martin, and was absolutely a key factor in getting the Saints their first winning season, division title, and to the playoffs. He did have epic meltdowns in the playoff games. But Pat Swilling jumping offsides late killed the Saints chances of winning the playoff game against the Falcons.

Not too idiotic. You said more than I said in that bolded sentence.

The biggest problem is we were cheap. That's why Bobby was going to sign with the Seahawks instead of the Saints at first. That's why Bobby held out and we wasted draft picks on Steve Walsh. That's why we let Bobby go and signed Wade Wilson. That's why we made the biggest mistake of all which was passing on signing Brett Favre to trade for a cheaper Jim Everett.

Not too idiotic. You said more than I said in that bolded sentence.

I don't like to dwell on Saints failures, but the defense got torched deep early and often against the Vikings in the first playoff game in 1987; and while Bobby threw a pick six to Deion against the Falcons in 1991, the defense got torched late on a bomb by Chris Miller to NOLA's Michael Haynes.

The headline on that offense and team in that era was always that Jim Mora and Carl Smith were extremely risk-averse - and had the Saints so conservative and most in the 4th quarter.

They were wound tighter than a butt plugged up with 5 oyster po'boys.

Basically the same thing when it comes to our livelihoods. If someone doesn’t see your worth, or what you value yourself to be worth. In your eyes they don’t value you or want you.
The issue was more about the beginning of free agency and Finks not recognizing how the landscape was about to change.

LOL. Paid him what he's worth! Bobby squandered one of the best defenses in Saints history with his incompetence. He was a barely average QB and is a terrible radio host. Every time he's on air, it means Saints fans are robbed of good commentary if someone who was competent actually had that job. Instead, since you personally like the guy, you're okay with him being bad at his job. He is effectively robbing fans of a better listening experience, better team information, actual player interviews.
I'll say HOGWASH and leave it at that.

The issue was more about the beginning of free agency and Finks not recognizing how the landscape was about to change.
The issue was about how it made Bobby feel which is what I wrote. I get the reasonings behind it happening, but the way it made him feel of course obviously impacted his later actions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom