Bobby McCray & Alex Brown (1 Viewer)

Give it time. Just nxt time we shouldn't
b so vocal about it. Anyone who has ever played the game know's what I'm saying.

Those guys weren't by any means "elite", but they did a damn good job at doing their job and being consistent and that's all it takes sometimes.

Mccray was a lot better.

I think Alex Brown was washed up when he got here.

He also didn't provide much of a pass rush. Maybe he was good against the run or something.

Warner retired after that right? It's incredible that it's been almost 7 years since that game and he's still so salty about it. Anytime he has to talk about the saints on NFLN you can see it and he always manages to get a dig in somehow.

Bobby was the last most consistent pass rusher who I remember getting to the QB disrupting them. Maybe not sacks but numbers don't always tell the story. If you watched the games you would know. I'm still not sure why we dropped him or what happened.

Warner retired after that right? It's incredible that it's been almost 7 years since that game and he's still so salty about it. Anytime he has to talk about the saints on NFLN you can see it and he always manages to get a dig in somehow.

He has said numerous times it was a clean hit. Not sure what you are seeing. I agree he never gives Drew his props, but then, who does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I highly doubt that hit had anything to do with his retirement. He had to be talked out of retiring after the 2008 season. I really believe he was going to quit after 2009 no matter what.

Both are Gators....

Brown came to us in 2010 after 8 years in Chicago.
The most impressive thing is in his 9 seasons, he started all 16 games in 8 of those 9 years. I'd just love to have someone with that reliability.
Yes, AB only had 2 sacks with us, but he did get in and disrupt a ton, but he was clearly slowing down from his Chicago years.

Interesting footnote on Alex, he once had 5 sacks in a game at Florida, against Tee Martin and the eventual national champions UT Vols.

And yes, the McCray hit......Warner's grandkids felt that one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom