Bobby McCray visiting Saints... (2 Viewers)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Apology if already posted... since I temporarily have the search feature turned off, that's going to happen. :(

This was posted in this fox sports article:

"In other news from Jay Glazer, New England's Donte' Stallworth is visiting the Browns, Atlanta's Rod Coleman is checking out the Panthers, Cincinnati's Justin Smith is looking at the 49ers, Jacksonville's Bobby McCray is visiting the Saints and Chicago's Bernard Berrian and Cincinnati's Madieu Williams are looking at the Vikings."

He had 10 sacks in 06 then turned around and had 3 sacks in 07.

He has potential to be a good pass rusher. I guess we'll sign either him or Laboy.

dont we have two large DE's already? is this guy a pass rusher? I am not too familiar with him but his size makes me think he is not excessively quick.

Can't never have enough pass rushers.

He's worth a 2 year 3.5 million dollar deal.

Can't never have enough pass rushers.

He's worth a 2 year 3.5 million dollar deal.

Amen. Last year's lack of pass rush has to clearly be considered in the equation when looking at our backfield performance or lack thereof.

Sign both he and Laboy... move him to the inside on pass downs... line would look like Laboy, Grant, McCray, and Will Smith.. SOMEBODY will win their individual battle and get to the QB.

Do yall think this makes any statement as to W. Smith's future with the team?

No. These are all undersized rush ends. It means we recognize that Charles Grant is not being effectively used in obvious passing situations and our pass rush there has to be improved.

He is a solid player who had a down year last year he has nice size at 6'6" 262lbs. and great speed off the edge.

He would create great depth and come in on 3rd down.

He is a solid player who had a down year last year he has nice size at 6'6" 262lbs. and great speed off the edge.

He would create great depth and come in on 3rd down.

He would be a good signing...that's for sure.

I listed in my top 5 positions of need about a month ago, Pass rush DE. Hopefully that is what we are going to try and find. This would allow Charles Grant to slide over to DT on 3rd downs.

Pass Rush DE is certainly a need (behind CB, DT, MLB and WLB).

Getting both Vilma and McCray/Laboy will give us a little bit of flexibility in the rounds after the 1st.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom